It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

erin29 HB User
Unhappy confused about swollen lymph nodes in pelvic area

I have had clusters of swollen lymph nodes on each side of my pelvis for several months now. I have seen my gynocologist numerous times in the last 2 and a half months. I have taken antibiotics, despite no known infections. I have also had extensive blood work tests, which show nothing alarming. My doctor doesn't seem worried, he believes that whatever the cause, it will go away on its own. Since one of the lymph nodes was tender at first, but is no longer tender, my doctor says that this is not a typical symptom of lymphoma. I have never been typical, and all of my immediate relatives have had some form of cancer, including my grandmother who died from lymphoma. I don't know a whole lot about lymphoma, and maybe that is why I am a little scared despite my doctors reassurance that it's no big deal. I would appreciate any information regarding this, and would like to know if I should insist on a biopsy or just wait 2 more months to see if time heals all?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

jody7 HB User
Re: confused about swollen lymph nodes in pelvic area

Hello,

I am going thru the same thing with my husband. Well basically. He has a swollen node in left groin area. Went to doctor for numbness in left leg, it was caused by the node pressing on nerve. Doctor said watch it for 2 mos. Well it had already been there for at least a year (thats how long the leg has been getting numb). Got a second opinion! Doctor says this needs to come out. He will be having this removed later in the mos. I do not want to worry you, but you should definitley get a second opinion. Good luck to you and I hope all is well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

I too would probably get a second opinion, if only to put your mind at rest. I had a small hard lymph node in the groin and when a ct scan was done, it showed up multiple enlarged lymph nodes in the mesentery. We do not know if the groin node was malignant but it did go away when I was treated for lymphoma of the mesentery nodes. It is better to be safe than sorry, particularly with your family history. If you do not feel comfortable waiting for two months, I would see someone else.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

erin29 HB User

Thank you for your advise. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I went to a chiropractor today for my lower back and pelvis. My tailbone is shifted to the right, and my lower spine is tilted downward and to the right. Is it possible that my spine is pinching nerves and possibly causing these nodes to swell, or is that completely insane?

Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
(female)

jody7 HB User

Hello Again,
My husbands surgeon told me that the lipoma in my husbands muscle (left side of leg) can very well be causing this swelling of the nodes in his left groin. Basically anything causing change in your body can swell your nodes. I hope all is well.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
(male)

bsessio HB User

I went a year with enlarged lymph nodes in my neck. Finally had a biopsy and yep, Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. But if YOU the patient notices the symptoms, and its NHL, you've already had it for years, so the delay hasn't hurt your chances at all. You probably should see an oncologist. It's better to know.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

bsessio,

How large were the lymph nodes in your neck before biopsy and did they continue to grow within that year?

Thank you,

Deb

Closed Thread