It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

serpentgirl HB User
not sure if i should be concerned...what do you think?

First of all, I want to say thank you for reading this and I wish the best for all of you here who are sick...

Here is my story. About 5 years ago I noticed a small (about 1 cm), hard lymph node on the left side of my neck next to my throat. About a year later a slightly smaller hard one developed on top of it. Maybe a year after that, a few more rubbery nodes ranging from about 0.5 to 1.5 cm developed on the right side of my neck right under the jawline. I went to the doctor and he said I was probably fine but ordered a CBC test to ease my mind. The test came back fine. What I should mention is that I have bad allergies. I have a year-round post nasal drip and have to blow my nose more than most people. The concensus back then was that these nodes enlarged because of my allergies. Since then, I've exhibited no other symptoms of lymphoma and the nodes have not grown. They are the same size. I've also had my GYN feel my nodes at my annual check and she never seemed concerned. However, recently I noticed two new ones, about 1.3 to 1.5 cm under the left side of my jaw line. I know the only way to know for sure is to request a biopsy, but I don't want to worry if it really doesn't seem like lymphoma. I'm a huge worrier when it comes to health stuff. Should be I concerned? Thanks!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User
Re: not sure if i should be concerned...what do you think?

Hi,

There is always reason for concern but the odds are in your favor if you have not exibited any other (what they call "B") symptoms: weight loss, night sweats, itching, low grade fever. It is a concern and I understand. Is there anything that has happened with your teeth on that side of your jaw? The other question is "Did these nodes pop up overnight or did you notice them growing?"
It may be a good idea for you to let a doctor examine the new nodes since you have the others.

Good luck!

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread