It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User
Fairylights & Kayla, as well...

I'm not only concerned about Fairylights, but Kayla.
Kayla, if you're out there---please post a quickie.
I know you had chemo on Wed. and I know it's been hard on you.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.
I miss both of your posts.
We'll all be waiting.

XO, S.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

CancerChick HB User
Unhappy Re: Fairylights & Kayla, as well...

Thanks Singer for thinking of me. I'm not doing well right now.

I didn't get all of the Ritauxin again because I couldn't breathe so they only gave me 1/2 a bag again. I was there almost 10 hours again. This is so frustrating and I saw your post about survivors and I don't think that will ever be me. I don't think I'm going to beat this.

Thursday I slept most of the day and Friday I had the horrible WBC shot. My doc didn't want to wait till Monday like last time. I couldn't even get there and had to ask someone again. I'm such a burden on people and I'm not used to asking for help.

So now I have the pain from the shot which I know I'm going to get. But this AM I woke with a new pain in my lower back and my temp is up to 101. I'm so weak and tired.

Singer I'm so glad you have #6 under your belt. You've been such an inspiration to me you have no idea.

Linda I'm glad your brother is doing somewhat better. I hope and pray that he continues to improve.

Susie we don't know each other but I'm worried too.

It's such a gorgeous day outside and I can't even get off the sofa.

Kayla

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Fairylights & Kayla, as well...

Kayla, I am sorry you are feeling so bad but please do not think you are not going to beat this. There are quite a lot of people who cannot tolerate the Rituxan....it is a powerful med and at least you got half! I know things seem overwhelming at this point but you will be surprised how quickly the time will pass. Don't feel a burden on other people....I am sure they are glad to help and wouldn't you do the same for them? Just take this one day at a time. Monitor your temp. Of course you feel tired and weak....just rest. There will be plenty of wonderful days outside ready for you when you feel better.

Love,

Old 08-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
(female)

CancerChick HB User

Thanks Alison. I forgot to say that I'm hoping and praying that you (or your DH?) I forget have results coming up and I hope they turn out for the best.

Gotta go. My temps up to 102 and my pain meds are touching my back, but I felt bad about not saying that. See what your mind does to you? I was lying on the sofa and realized I forgot to say that.

Kayla

Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

No problem, Kayla! It is hard to think of anything else when you are feeling lousy. Both of us have tests coming up in two weeks...always an anxious time!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Whew.
There you are, Kayla (hi, Alison).
Alison's right. These drugs are mega hard on us.
From my last post, where I was "boasting" that I was feeling great---well, forget that. You know that feeling....it's like "here it comes again."
So, it's couch-time for me, probably for the next 3 or 4 days. If I can just avoid the headaches that seem to come with it...
I'm so sorry, Kayla, the difficult time you're having. I hope you're taking your med's in a timely manner. Most times, I do better if I take 'before' it hits--of course, there's a lot of guessing involved with stomach upset, bowel problems, neuropathy & those awful, awful headaches.
Hang tight. You can and WILL beat this! Remember that mind/body connection? It's very powerful. Do everything you can do, to remain positive.
I just got a script for Ativan (calming/anti-nausea drug) because it worked so good in my drip yesterday. I think it's helping some, otherwise I wouldn't even be posting.
As bad as I feel right now, I'm thinking to myself, "Can I do this 2 MORE times????" Yes...to live....I can. So can you, Kayla. No one said this is going to be a 'walk in the park'....and just think how far you've already come.
I just so badly want you to realize you'll be fine & you need to nurture every little thing about yourself right now.
I think we're all in this together---how nice we have one another.
About your fever, though....shouldn't you alert someone that it's pretty high?
I think I'm supposed to call, if it's over 101. Like Alison said, they're there to help.
God bless. One step closer....
XO, S.

Last edited by singer78; 08-18-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
(female)

CancerChick HB User

I'm so sorry Singer that you've bottomed out, for lack of a better word. That's the one I use or crash. I hope it doesn't last long but it's like you said you never know what's going to hit you next, nausea, bowels or headaches. One minute "okay", next what happened.

I still have a temp of 102 and my back is hurting really bad. I've taken all my meds and before this time but this is different.

I just called the office and I'm waiting for a call back. I'll let you know.

Trying so hard to stay positive Singer. I'm glad we're here for each other and I'm so glad for everyone here helping us through this.

Kayla

Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Kayla, is your back hurting from the WBC shot?
I know those are nasty ole' shots. Maybe they can lessen the amount the next time around? They did with me. I went from a "6" to a "4," and kept up my count. I hate them like mad, too, but without them, we'd be open to infection, and look out!!! We don't want that.
Everyone's making me a little scared, because they keep saying, "Near the end of treatment, you don't want 'this' and you don't want 'that'. I don't know if it's the accumulative effect of chemo they're talking about, or what....So, I just guess through it all, we've just got to be careful. I bought a hepa filter ionizer for my bedroom, since I can't seem to keep my cats out. I hope it helps. They have all their shots and don't mingle with other cats....so, I'm hoping I'm o.k. I use Purell (hand-cleaner) like it's going out of style!
I can tell I'm already getting symptoms of neuropathy. My nurse has me taking 100 mg. of B6 nightly, and I'm still using the hydrocortisone cream.
I feel a little down today---maybe it's because it's dreary outside....but, really I'd rather have the low temp's, than the ultra high's we were having. Something about coming out of the hospital, with reeking sunshine, always made me a bit ill.... I'm enjoying the coolness today. I think it's barely 60 degrees.
Kayla--what are they saying is causing your high temp?
Are you taking something other than Tylenol? I hope so. You sound like you can use some major relief.
I'm here for you, if I can help in any way. If you have any drug questions, Linda's good with those---and of course, we have our "cheering team" of Alison, Ails, and all those other lovely people.
Surround yourself with good, loving thoughts.
Light a candle. Meditate. Or call someone, if you're up to it.
Love, S.
p.s. Please let me know what the nurse tells you---Have you tried a heating pad? I practically carry one with me from room to room.

Last edited by singer78; 08-19-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
(female)

CancerChick HB User

This is different from the WBC shot aches. I've been taking tylenol and ultram all night but my temp is still up.

I can't stay now because the nurse called and said I'd better go to the ER. I told her where my pain was and she seemed concerned. So I need to get it checked out.

I'll be back hopefully soon. I have to try to find a ride now.

Yes, Singer it's cloudy and chilly here too. If I could find a ray of sunshine I'd send it your way.

Kayla

Old 08-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Oh dear.
The best of luck to you, sweetie. Something must be awry---
You're probably gone now, but please, when you can, let us know how you are.
I think I remember both Ails & Amanda had to be hospitilized during chemo, but I can't quite remember what their individual problems were---but, look at them now.
You're in my prayers.
Please post when you can.
Love, S.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Ails HB User

Right Guys

I'm here to tell you off!! You CAN and you WILL beat this. I know that sometimes it sucks but what makes you bad makes you better!!

I was hospitalised for about 3 weeks in all. In for 5 days due to infecton in central line - thought we had it beat so let out - only to return with neutropenia and sepsis - had to have the WBC injections daily - hmmmmmmmmmmmm no need to tell you gals how much fun that was!!!! On the plus side managed to catch up on my trashy book reading - including Sharon Ozbourne's auto biog - and rubbish daytime TV.

I know how tough it is but you're both damned strong ladies and you're gonna kick this cancer's arse!!!!

Big hugs and much love

Ails xx

Old 08-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

There you go!
I knew I needed an Ails "talking to!"

Wow...I wasn't aware you had to have so many shots like that---That's a big OW! --Not to mention the bone pain you must have experienced.

Thanks for the pep talk.

It seems like an eternity, going through this day after day, minute by minute---but, everyday Kayla & I need to remind ourselves, "we're getting there."

Sounds like you're doing well, Ails.
I hadn't heard from you for awhile, and assumed your "plate is very full."
How's the exercising coming along? Are you enjoying being an instructor?

You're a good role-model for both of us!
Chin up....right?
Hugs to you for kicking my a**!
love, S.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

Ok, I'm with Ails on this! You can't you just can't think that you're not going to beat this! You're mental health is just as important as your physical one! You really should speak to your doctor. They want to know when you're feeling this low. I saw a psychologist twice during mine and it was just good to know that there are people out there to help you no matter what the problem is or how trivial you think it is. If it is making you worried then it is not trivial.

I was kept in for a week with a temp of 41oC and a flu thing. But i was in my own room and got to watch trashy TV too. It's the only time I've ever watched xfactor!

You will beat this. you will be where Ails, Alison and I are now in a few months! You can't think otherwise. I know how difficult and daunting it seems. I hope you feel better soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 08-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

LINDA505 HB User

Hello all,
I just found your new posts. I am sorry to see Kaylar having a tough time.
The back pain and fever leads me to believe she must have a kidney infection or a UTI. Must be careful of sepsis when neutropenic. If she did not drink her water the bladder gets inflammed and infection will set in quickly. Poor girl. Hope she checks in soon so we know how she is. She may have been admitted for fluids and IV antibiotics. Kaylar check in when you can. I know how discouraged you must be but you have a good chance of beating this so try and stay strong.

Singer, Sorry you are not feeling well. You will get there before you know it.
Just look how far you have come.

Ails, You just keep reminding these great ladies that before they know it they will be where you are.

I am going away with my daughter for a couple days. She is on another
business trip and she invites me to go with her so that we can have some
mother-daughter time shopping and such. I hope that when I check in again that Kaylar will have posted.

God Bless you all.

Love
Linda

Old 08-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

LINDA505 HB User

Hello girls,
I sure hope that everyone is ok. No one is posting so I assume that you Singer must not be feeling good and Kaylar are you in the hospital or something. Please post so that we know that you are ok.

My brother's oncologist is saying that the biospy slides that he reviewed prior to him going in for the transplant he is saying that he would have gone ahead with the transplant and he does not see what the other docs saw. He reviewed all the slide along with two pathologists and they all agree. The transplant docs are sticking by what they see. Now my brother is in the middle and the transplant team said they do not want to do the transplant unless the bone marrow bx he had yesterday is clean. Talk about a bunch of crap. My brother poor brother is so discouraged. His oncologist said that if they can not come to a decision he wants my brother to go to Gainesville, Fl
to have the transplant. How can these docs not be on the same page I do not know but my brothers life is in their hands and the window of opportunity is getting smaller while they toss this around.
Please post soon.

Love
Linda

Closed Thread