It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User
CT scan revealed quite a few swollen lymph nodes

Good Morning,

I am new to this board. I usually post on the Lyme disease board since i had been clinically diagnosed with Lyme disease last November.

I am still fighting to get well and my latest symptom is very tender swollen bilateral cervial lymph nodes in my neck. I has a CT scan done Wednesday and it revealed one was 1.6cmx1.1 and the other one was 1.1x.08 amonst many other shotty nodes.

I have been having a slew of right side facial pain, ear pain and jaw pain, even some sore gums but only on the right side. Oh also and a ton of neck pain!!!

I am aware that Lyme disease is a bacteria and your lymph nodes enlarge when fighting off bacteria but I have been heavily treating this disease with Antibiotics since last November. I am not sure why all the sudden these nodes decide they want to act up.

My ID doctor wants me to go for a sleep study. He thinks I may not be sleeping at night which is causing the swelling of the nodes in my neck.

Everything I have read says that anything over 1cm is abnormal and should be biopsied. He has put me on one months worth of 750mg Levaquin to see if it helps with this issue. All of my blood work is coming back fine! My liver enzymes were a little high but we were contributing it to the antibiotics.

Is it true that you could have Lymphoma and it would not show up in your blood work?

I am just really concerned becasue I am feeling really bad and I don't want anything to be missed!

Should I persue a biopsy?

Any thoughts and advice woudl be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Onmyway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: CT scan revealed quite a few swollen lymph nodes

They do sound more like reactive nodes, especially as you are getting so much pain and the nodes are tender, but the only sure way is to have a biospy. Blood work often comes back quite normal with lymphoma. If you are still worried, I would speak to your doctor about having a biopsy to put your mind at rest.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Thanks for the advice!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
(female)

goodnuff HB User

Many LLD's agree that the lymph system will react, hence create enlarged lymph nodes, I have some in my neck, too, but without the pain. I am on here to warn you of usiing Levoquin. Also prescribed for the lyme. many have had very bad adverse reactions to Levoquin and other Quinilones. I thought it was used mostly for Bartonella, a common co-infection with Lyme. After reading the link on the adverse reactions I stopped the Levoquin immediately. I did seem to have some heart problems. Several others spoke of unrelenting pain months after taking even a few doses. Others spoke of tendinitis... My most successful treatment so far has been Biaxin/plaquenill. I have also started B-12 intramuscular injections specifically methylcobalamine w/o any preservatives, prescribed by my doc. It already has helped my muscle and joint pain. He also recomended the powdered magnesiaum, calms. for sleep and muscle pain...good luck..

Last edited by moderator2; 09-01-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: posted commercial websites

Closed Thread