It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

Sandpuff HB User
Does Lymphoma show up in blood tests?

If you have lymphoma, will some of your blood tests be abnormal? Can you have lymphoma and still have normal blood counts?

I saw an oncologist in February because of a few swollen nodes. CT scans came back normal I guess, just some shotty nodes. They just told me to call them if my nodes got bigger or there were more of them.

I just recently had some bloodwork done (CBC and comprehensive metabolic panel and LDH) because of feeling fatigued, achy, night sweats and a rash on my face & chest. Everything came back normal except my hemoglobin was slightly elevated at 16.2 and my doctor said not to worry about it.

When she was examining me however, she stopped short when she was feeling my neck and said she was a little concerned over a swollen node or two. I also have a walnut-sized node that appeared in my groin a year ago that has never gone away. It's kind of squishy but the ones in my neck are more hard. I also have several little ones in my groin that have been there for years.

I guess if I know that lymphoma would make some of my blood tests abnormal then I can put my mind at ease and get on with life. But it's hard for me to not wonder if something's wrong because of my symptoms. Any input would be appreciated. By the way, I'm 35, mother of 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Does Lymphoma show up in blood tests?

I am sorry I cannot put your mind at ease but my blood tests were quite normal before and at the time of diagnosis. Only a biopsy can really give a definite diagnosis. I hope you get answers soon.
Alison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
(female)

Sandpuff HB User

Thank you, Alison. I really don't know what to think. I've had swollen lymph nodes ever since I had mono over 10 years ago, but the ones in my neck haven't always been there and a bigger one in my groin just showed up about a year ago and hasn't gone down any. I can't tell if it's bigger or not. It's not as hard as the ones in my neck. I am probably just worrying about things too much, but it's hard for me not to wonder because of how I feel.

What type of lymphoma do you have? I hope you are doing well. Take care

Michelle

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandpuff For This Useful Post:
MacyMaid (09-30-2012)
Old 12-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

I have indolent follicular lymphoma and I am currently doing well...just the odd day when I don't feel quite right. Did your doctor suggest doing a biopsy on one of the nodes? Sorry you are having to go through all this worry.
Alison

Closed Thread