It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

Mercury8 HB User
Possible lymphoma?? Neck soreness after drinking alcohol.

A day or two after drinking alcohol, the back of my neck...right at hairline/behind ears and down my neck seem to feel bruised and maybe a little swollen. It usually last for a few days. I don't feel any lumps there, but I'm concerned. From what I've read, lymphoma causes pain in lymph nodes as soon as alcohol is consumed, but I don't feel anything until the next day or two. Dehydration?? Cancer?? I'm completely confused...and this has been happening for about 8 months. I have an MRI in 3 days, but this is REALLY making me paranoid. :-(

Old 03-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

osorosy HB User
Re: Possible lymphoma?? Neck soreness after drinking alcohol.

I was just diagnosed stage 4 and consumed my fair share of alcohol (3-4 drinks in an evening) before becoming too sick to leave the house (2months ago) and I never had any pain in my lymph nodes. The only thing I did notice in retrospect is that I was always ready to go home earlier than the old me. I am begining to think this cancer can present itself however and whenever it wants.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

According to my oncologist, some people and it isn't very common experience pain where the lymphoma is when they consume alcohol.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
(male)

matt67 HB User

I had a node in my elbow enlarge about four years ago. It has gone down considerably, but not all the way. Periodically, I have noticed significant aching in the area. Recently, it's occurred to me that the aching may be taking place after having some beer or wine. I have noticed no pain immediately after swallowing alcohol. But I'm starting to wonder if the aching that I have felt over the past few years has come a day or two after drinking. I can't really say for sure at this point.
Before I became concerned about the alcohol, I have asked three doctors their opinion. One doctor did an ultrasound that showed an enlarged node in elbow, but she was unable to state if she thought it was a problem or no. Two other doctors felt the node and said that it was nothing. But, I'm a worry-wart. I welcome any comments on this situation.
Thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
(male)

Bofonic HB User

If its gone down considerably Matt I don't think you need to worry. IN my experience tumours just don't "Go away" so be relieved If the pain comes after drinking well... I'm not sure. It could be an allergy of some sort?

Mercury I wouldn't panic too much. If they lymph nodes swelling receeds after awhile I think you're alright. Just wait til the MRI and just enjoy life and trying to be comfortable!

Closed Thread