It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

dee62 HB User
More ?'s re: lymph nodes and bloodwork

Hi everyone Here I am again with a few more questions. I am still concerned and wondering if anyone has any advice on this issue. If an individual's hematologist runs a series of blood test that come back completely normal, does this really mean there is no sign of lymphoma. I still have these aggrevating lymph nodes on both sides of my neck, and also in the back of my neck around the spine (small but there). The one that still bothers me the most is the one on the left side of my neck right under the bone behind the ear. It is still rubbery and moves around when I touch it, though the node it self doesn't hurt. It just causes some weird pains in my head and neck, pain that once in awhile gets really painful, then eventually goes away. And the one on the right side of my neck is still firm and fixed, and that one doesn't hurt either. It has now been a least 6 months since I found these nodes, they haven't grown it justs the ones around my spine in my neck have got a tad bit larger.

Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

MANDY4114 HB User
Re: More ?'s re: lymph nodes and bloodwork

So your white count wasn't low? Have you had a rash, fever. I would ask that they do a biosopy of one of the nodes just to make sure. My daughter has the same thing (except not on her spine). However, she has fever, had a rash and low white count. Now they are thinking Kitchie Disease after lymph node biosopy, pet scan, and bone marrow test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

dee62 HB User

Hi...my white blood count has been normal lately. It had been below normal ever since I have had my blood disorder (ITP). I do have this rash on my chest that will just not go away. When I discovered these lymph nodes I was very sick at the time with a fever, night sweats and chills. Occassionally still have night sweats which is miserable. My hematologist I was with before I moved, said that I should have a biopsy done. However, the hematologist I am now seeing said that my lymph nodes weren't too much of a concern since they were not that enlarged. So I am to go back in 3 months, plus have another ct scan during that time.

I am so sorry about what your daughter is having to go through. I know that sometimes life can throw us for a loop,but we must stay positive, which is sometimes difficult. I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. Please keep in touch and let us know how she is doing.

Dee

Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

Lymphoma often does not show up in blood tests...mine were quite normal before my diagnosis. The only sure way is to do an biopsy but it sounds like a good idea to re-scan in three months so they can see if your nodes have grown at all. Some nodes can stay enlarged for months but do not necessarily indicate cancer. Keep us posted.
Alison

Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
(female)

dee62 HB User

Thank you for your response. I really want to quite worrying about this. I guess if I wasn't able to feel these nodes, and didn't have these uncomfortable symptoms it wouldn't bother me so much. My doctor said that the lymph nodes are probably scar tissue, and if so, why all of a sudden would they just pop up.

If you don't mind me asking how did you discover that you had lymphoma, and did you experience any type of symptoms?

Dee

Old 04-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

I really had no symptoms but had a ct scan to see why I was getting a slight pain in the left lower pelvis. Nothing showed up there but what did show were multiple enlarged lymph nodes in the mesentery, which is higher up. I would never have known!
Alison

Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
(female)

dee62 HB User

Amazing...that is what really worries me, when all the bloodwork shows up normal, yet someone is probably really sick and shows no symptoms.

I worry about needing to have a biobsy, but I was told that my nodes were not large enough to worry about right now. So if they don't grow and continue to still be there, does that mean it may be something else going on? I was told that it can probably be scar tissue, who knows.

Dee:

Closed Thread