It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
(female)

djoyv HB User
EXTREMELY Painful & Swollen Groin Lymph Node

I have a younger first cousin that has has lymphoma....not a close knit family, so not in touch so much. About a year and a half ago my bloodwork came back with somethings 'off the charts', I was sent to a lymphoma dr. She said I didn't fit the proticol for lymphoma. (???) When I asked her what that meant, she said I might be back in a couple of years. Which really just ****** me off and made me want to defy her.

I have a long and varied history of skin cancers going back 15 years ago with my first melanoma. Over the last couple of months I have been having ongoing excisions/treatments for squamous cell in the head and neck area that required 2 separate surgeries after the biopsies and I am now following up with Efudex cream. In the time since I started all of this, a lesion developed, grew quite prominent, went through changes and then became painful---on my left shin. I had a biopsy which came back as precancerous---squamous cell. In the midst of all of this, I had noticed that I had a pain developing on the left side of my groin, several days before the biopsy was done. The pain had become increasingly worse, so that it is so severe I began to have trouble sleeping due to pain. My left leg started to swell slightly. At this point I still didn't have the biopsy results back and I couldn't bear it. I went in to see my rheumatologist to see if it could possibly actually be hip or joint related. he did a bunch of movement tests and said, nope... Hip is good, and could feel 2 swollen lymph nodes in my groin that I reacted to in pain. She rx'd pain meds and told me to apply hot packs and call her with the biopsy results. She hasn't phoned back.

The pain is worst when sitting, the car is torture. I have not been touching-feeling the area. Head in the sand-I guess I'm afraid to know. Although I have lost a little weight lately, it does seem my abdomen seems unusually bloated. I know I have to either get back in touch with the rheumatologist or go back in to see her or get someone to take notice of this.

I guess my main question is, has anyone else experienced severe, unbearable lymph node pain with swelling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
(female)

imperial22 HB User
Re: EXTREMELY Painful & Swollen Groin Lymph Node

Doctors cannot seem to diagnose me. My symptoms include:

Joint pain
Fatigue
Dizzy spells
Swollen lymph nodes
Fatigued muscles...muscles burn walking up stairs. Very tired.
Feeling on my skin as if someone put icy hot on my body
Sore throat
Muscle twitches
Neck stiffness
Bones ache

I had an MRI 6 years ago which was normal. Also had a recent MRI last week which was normal. Blood work is all normal except for my vitamin D which is at 23. I also tested positive for the EBV virus but not for the active one. I was tested for Lymes, auto immune diseases and had an endoscopy to test for celiacs. Endoscopy found I have acid reflux but no celiacs. I had a CAT scan done of my pelvis and abdomen that was also normal. I am going to a second ENT tomorrow to see if I need a biopsy of my lymph nodes. I have seen an ENT, infectious disease doctor, rheumatologist and my primary doctor and no one seems to have any answers. I am becoming very frustrated and worried. Any suggestions?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Wow you sound like me.

Psat two yrs the following has been going on with the top portion all onsetting within the same 10 days

Extreme muscle twitching all over body
stabbing/zapping electric pains that migrate around-normally small joints
Extreme joint cracking
Horizontal lines developing on finger nails and toe nails
Mid spine pain-feels like its bruised, when I touch it, it hurts

then I started the past yr to have-
muscle cramps
Pancreas inflammatoin on and off (dad died of pancan)
Pain on and off near right sided pelvis/groin area-no swelling

So far all scans and labs (minus pancreas) clear. Drs are stumped.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
(female)

raegar HB User

get checked for MS, you seem to have a lot of the symptoms.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
(male)

notebook HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial22 View Post
Doctors cannot seem to diagnose me. My symptoms include:

Joint pain
Fatigue
Dizzy spells
Swollen lymph nodes
Fatigued muscles...muscles burn walking up stairs. Very tired.
Feeling on my skin as if someone put icy hot on my body
Sore throat
Muscle twitches
Neck stiffness
Bones ache

I had an MRI 6 years ago which was normal. Also had a recent MRI last week which was normal. Blood work is all normal except for my vitamin D which is at 23. I also tested positive for the EBV virus but not for the active one. I was tested for Lymes, auto immune diseases and had an endoscopy to test for celiacs. Endoscopy found I have acid reflux but no celiacs. I had a CAT scan done of my pelvis and abdomen that was also normal. I am going to a second ENT tomorrow to see if I need a biopsy of my lymph nodes. I have seen an ENT, infectious disease doctor, rheumatologist and my primary doctor and no one seems to have any answers. I am becoming very frustrated and worried. Any suggestions?

Old 07-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
(male)

notebook HB User

have you been tested for lyme disease?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
(female)

dallascowboyzfa HB User

Any updates from anyone?

Closed Thread