It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

dana73 HB User
High lymph count + other symptoms

I am a 35 year old female. I have been struggling with body aches, fatigue, night sweats, chills for about six months now and it isn't getting any better. I had a CBC done and my lymph count came back a little high at 3.3 - not bad but enough for them to mark it as high. Everything else was okay. I have can feel a couple of lymphnodes on my upper throat and my right gland indside my throat has been swollen for a long time. I also found out that I had h-pylorie last fall -which I probably had for at least 5 years before they even bothered to test me for it. Can you believe that??? The CBC was done because I was being referred to a rheumy at Mayo but now I am thinking that maybe they are sending me to the wrong dept. I just received the results yesterday - Friday - and now I have to wait until Monday to even be able to talk to my regular doc - if he even bothers to look at the results. He is one of those that thinks that since he doesn't know what is wrong with me that it must be in my head, know what I mean? Now maybe there is some proof that there is something going on. I am scared. My dad died of cancer when I was 13. The same age my son is now. Dad died of liver cancer so not related to any of this.

Any advice? Please, somebody respond with encouragement and/or a little bit of advice. I really don't think that I am totally off base on my thinking.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

dana73 HB User
Re: High lymph count + other symptoms

I forgot to mention that I have also been having some weird pains in my neck that seem to shoot from the base of my neck to the top of my neck and also up toward my ears. Not sure if that means anything but it just started in the last few weeks.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

very many people have helicobacter pylori, and it goes unnoticed unless they complain
and they get tested and treated. some live with it and never even know they have it.
as for your symptoms, the night sweats, are they drenching? do you have to get up and change tyour clothes and sheets cause they are soaked? have you lost any weight?
do you have a fever?
your symptoms are common with a lot of illnesses, so it's hard to tell what's going on,
the good thing is that you are getting checked. don't let your doctor dismiss you,
you know your body and you know it's not in your head, go to another doctor.
also ask to get your thyroid checked.
hang in there, sometimes it takes long to get answers, it's not always so simple.

Last edited by fufu; 03-30-2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: delete

Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

very many people have helicobacter pylori, and it goes unnoticed unless they complain
and they get tested and treated. some live with it and never even know they have it.
as for your symptoms, the night sweats, are they drenching? do you have to get up and change tyour clothes and sheets cause they are soaked? have you lost any weight?
do you have a fever?
your symptoms are common with a lot of illnesses, so it's hard to tell what's going on,
the good thing is that you are getting checked. don't let your doctor dismiss you,
you know your body and you know it's not in your head, go to another doctor.
also ask to get your thyroid checked.
hang in there, sometimes it takes long to get answers, it's not always so simple.
are you on medication? if yes, can one of your meds be affecting you?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
(female)

dana73 HB User

I had been to the doctor twice in that 5 years. The year before I was diagnosed with h-pylorie they even gave me a colonoscopy and didn't check for h-pylori first. Anyway, yes, I have to change my clothes, my hair is soaked, pillow is wet, bed is damp. I know these symptoms could be caused by other conditions - it is just a scary time right now. I am freezing all of the time when everybody else is just fine. Just have to ride it out and see what happens I guess. Thanks for your response.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #6
(male)

lymphpre HB User

Nightsweats are a non-specific symptom, but so are most of those associated with lymphoma. Have you lost any weight? B symptoms are usually associated with advanced, or advancing, disease. How large are the lymph nodes you can feel, and are there any others popping up?

General practitioners see very few cases of lymphoma, so they are not good at diagnosing it. One of my GPs was very interested in how I was diagnosed, because I was the first case he had ever seen (and he was not at an early stage of his career).

If things continue to bother you, insist on a referral to a haematologist/oncologist. If they reassure you that no further investigations are necessary at this stage, you can probably have more confidence in that that the opinion of your GP.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
(female)

dana73 HB User

The lymph nodes in my neck aren't very big and they are the only ones that are swollen at all. I think I was just in a panic. I am feeling worse but I only have a week to go until I go to Mayo. My ribs and my chest are really bothering me - the chest tightness is a fairly new symptom. There is no cough associated with it. Throat is tender to the touch. I get out of breath easily. Bones and joints hurt. Wish I could sleep til next Friday. I hope they have an answer for me one way or another. Thanks for your responses.

Closed Thread