It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

jleigh23 HB User
biopsy of inguinal lymph nodes

Hi, all. Well, after reviewing the MRI report, my primary care physician has decided to refer me to a hematologist/oncologist for my enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area and on my neck (just one on my neck). What can I expect during my visit? If he/she wants to biopsy the ones on my groin, will they do it with a needle or will they probably take one of the nodes completely out, under general anesthesia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
(female)

lks1 HB User
Re: biopsy of inguinal lymph nodes

I just had a CT guided biopsy of an abdominal lymph node. They couldn't get it because the lymph node kept moving. Tried twice. My CT scan and ultrasound found "numerous enlarged lymph nodes" and I read the report and said probable for lymphoma. Now I have to wait and they are going to do a laproscopic biopsy and remove one of my lymph nodes. Its scarey, not sure what to expect, sure don't want it be cancer, but looks like it is pointing in that direction. Keep positive thoughts, and let us know what they find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
(female)

TEEEB HB User

hello lks1 and jleigh23, sorry to hear about your recent problems. I will be having a biopsy soon too! Same thing - enlarged nodes in the groin and under my arm. Had a mammogram that came back fine.

Did either of you have any other symptoms? Weight loss? night sweats? fever?

Take care to both of you.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #4
(female)

lks1 HB User

TEEEB...I didn't have any symptoms. It was by the grace of God that it was discovered. Actually was investigating a different problem I was having and found this. I had a BMB last week and expect results this Thursday when I go back to my onc. I first had a CT guided biopsy, but cound't get a sample, then a week later had a lymph node surgically removed. I am still symptom free and I guess when I get the results back from my bone marrow biopsy, we will decided on whether or not to start treatment. But I heard, that even if it is in the bone marrow, that isn't a reason to have to start treatment. Stay positive, I thought my world was going to end, but then you start thinking about things and actually really start living and appreciating life and everyone around you. You will be in my prayers and please keep us posted. I am by no means an expert on this subject but I can let you know about the things I have experienced.
Laura
Watching and Waiting

Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
(female)

lks1 HB User

Well, BMB showed involvement in the bone marrow, so they are calling it a Stage 4. Still watching and waiting, new CT at the end of August.
Watching and Waiting

Closed Thread