It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Question about swollen lymphnodes...

In April, I caught a cold from my son and it was a bad cold- REALLY sore throat, stuffed nose, clogged ear. That's when I noticed some swollen nodes on the right side of my neck. I went to the doctor and he figured it was b/c of the cold I was fighting off and expected them to be gone in a month. Since I had so much fluid on my ear, he wrote me a prescription for Augmentin to take. It was my right ear too and the swollen nodes are on my right side.

So, the lymphnodes are still swollen and I went back to him 2 weeks ago. He said they are the same size as they were in April and he thought they would be gone. He felt them and felt all over the front and back of my neck and down by my collarbone. He said he did not think they were cancerous and didn't see a reason to worry but just so they didn't turn into anything, referred me to an ENT that I will see on Monday. I don't have any other symptoms. I've always had slightly swollen glands since I was young just b/c of all the colds I've gotten but these new ones, are on the side my neck in the middle. They aren't hard and I can move them around. They feel tender sometimes but that could be b/c I touch them a lot (I know...)

For the past 2 weeks, I've had another cold I caught from my son (he is 7 months and in daycare so unfortunately, he picks up a lot of runny noses) so that could be why they are swelling but shouldnt they have disappeared between the last cold and this one?

Anyone have any opinions or advice?? I'm a bit freaked out.

Last edited by CW1984; 06-27-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Re: Question about swollen lymphnodes...

I saw an ENT monday and he didn't seemed concerned but did go ahead and start a series of test. I had a thyroid ultrasound done after my appt., nurse called yesterday and said he didn't see anything and didn't want me to be alarmed but I will need a CT scan of my neck so he can better see what is going on. She said this is standard protocol and that my ultrasound came back clear.

I went yesterday for the ct scan so now I have to get through this long weekend and wait until monday for the results! Ugh. Of course I tried to get the technician to give me a hint on if she saw anything. she wouldn't though, she just kept saying "Just know you did perfect and we have good pictures, you did great"....uugghh. Waiting is the worst!!!

Closed Thread