It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

steffiburger HB User
Worried I might have lymphoma -please advise!!

I would like to begin by saying I have a lot of anxiety relating to my health and can be obsessive about the idea of getting sick. Ever since my daughter was born 20 months ago I can't stop thinking about the fact that something might be wrong!

I have been very worried about a possible lymphoma diagnosis due to a conversation with a nurse practitioner on Saturday... I have been having many strange symptoms for some time now (over a year) and have gone to several different doctors. I started having joint pain, fatigue and nausea last April. Went to my general practitioner and she ran some blood tests (CBC being one) and a hip x-ray. I had a low vitamin D count, but otherwise fine. Went on my merry way with a vitamin D prescription. Several months ago the nausea increased, my appetite decreased and I noticed that I lost 15 or so pounds without doing much (other than stressing out constantly!) I went from 145 (my weight after my daughter was born) to 132ish... the joint pain came back as did a constant dull ache in my lower back. Went to the gastroenterologist who ran a CA-125 and amylace test, both normal. I also had an endoscopy with a biopsy of digestive tissue and the only thing that came up was reflux (no h. pylori or Barrett's esophagus) and also an abdominal ultrasound which also came back normal.... when I went in to see the doctor this Saturday, I thought I might have strep. My doctor was not in, but there was a nurse practitioner who I have never met before this visit. I mentioned that I have had swollen lymph nodes in my throat for about a month (my family has been sick with H1N1 and I assumed I was just fighting off the infection myself) and she started asking me other questions that led her to send me for a CBC and chest x-ray. I am waiting for the results of these tests with horrible anxiety... I have not really slept since Saturday and I am barely eating. I have read some horror stories on line (and some inspiring stories) and am so worried.. what if the result is lymphoma? what if the tests are normal? Should I pursue further tests?? Do I have lymphoma?? Please, please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cbc, chest x-ray, lymphoma symptoms