It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

yahar HB User
Swollen lymph node in groin :[

Hi,

Im a 22 year old male. Yesterday I noticed that it seems the lymph node in my groin is swollen, but not very large. It is tender and sore and sometimes faintly hurts like a sore feeling. On the other side of my groin it feels slightly swollen and sore. Last night I had such bad night sweets my entire bed and pillow was covered in sweet. I havent felt tired really, and have had no weight loss. I don't believe I have a fever either. It feels like the larger one has grown a tiny bit longer but I am not sure. If so, maybe it is just from touching it. What do you all think?

Also where the lymph node is it is a little bit red and there is a hair and where it comes out it is a very small white bump. maybe infected hair?
:[
thanks

Last edited by yahar; 12-09-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
(female)

crosssecrg HB User
Re: Swollen lymph node in groin :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahar View Post
Hi,

Im a 22 year old male. Yesterday I noticed that it seems the lymph node in my groin is swollen, but not very large. It is tender and sore and sometimes faintly hurts like a sore feeling. On the other side of my groin it feels slightly swollen and sore. Last night I had such bad night sweets my entire bed and pillow was covered in sweet. I havent felt tired really, and have had no weight loss. I don't believe I have a fever either. It feels like the larger one has grown a tiny bit longer but I am not sure. If so, maybe it is just from touching it. What do you all think?

Also where the lymph node is it is a little bit red and there is a hair and where it comes out it is a very small white bump. maybe infected hair?
:[
thanks
You need to see your Doctor...but my Oncologist told me lymph nodes that hurt are usually an indication of a virus etc. When they aren't painful is when there is a problem........go see your Docotr!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #3
(female)

rese486 HB User

Hi Yahar

I also had a swollen lymph node in my groin (around the size of a small grape!) but the doctor assured me there was nothing to worry about & that its much more common than people think.
It's now about 5 months later and though I can still feel it, its much smaller than it initially was. Just to put your mind at ease, take a visit to the clinic, can't hurt

Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
(male)

yahar HB User

I went to the clinic and they took my urine and blood. They didnt tell me what they were going to do with it though. They did tell me they think it is cat scratch fever, since a kitten has recently attacking my feet. They said I should come back in 2 weeks and gave me a zpack. I got a phone call yesterday and the message said all my tests were normal...I just dont know what the tests were.

Closed Thread