It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

jlynnely HB User
Lump on left collar bone

Hello. I am a 30 year old female and a mother. About two weeks ago I noticed a lump about the size of a small olive on my left collar bone. After doing a little bit of research I am scared out of my mind. Everything that I have read about a lump on your left clavical is an ominous sign. The lump has actually decreased in size over the last few days. Instead of an olive, it's about the size of a bean now. I am keeping an eye on it until I can get on insurance or assistance, hopefully soon.

The lump is sort of soft but not completely. It feels a bit rubbery. It is movable and I can roll it around onto the front of my collar bone but it goes back into the original position sitting on top of my collar bone. I'm not sure, but It doesn't really seem to be in the right spot to be my supraclavical lymph node. I have a few of the symptoms of lymphoma but these could also be symptoms of other things too. I have fatigue quite often but I am over weight and have been working out alot. I haven't lost any sudden weight..if anything I have a hard time losing weight. I don't have a fever. I do have an occasional night sweat but I have been a "hot" sleeper my whole life. I wake up and my collar will be a little damp on occasion but I have never drenched my sheets or pillows. The lump is not painful although it is a little bit uncomfortable when I roll it onto my collar bone. I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this for me. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by jlynnely; 04-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

jlynnely HB User
Re: Lump on left collar bone

The lump has went down even more as of today. It's about the size of a pencil eraser now. Anyone?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
(male)

wrench HB User
Re: Lump on left collar bone

Sounds like you're all set. No weight loss or itching or sweats, right? And the thing's shrinking quickly.

It's probably just a freak reactionary thing.

It might come back, I guess. I've had ~9 swollen lymph nodes in my neck for the last three and a half months. They don't hurt but do shrink and then enlarge again. My doctors just keep telling me to wait. It's a scary plan of action, but it's probably the best in both of our cases.

Closed Thread