It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

a4nelson HB User
Every night mild night sweats and mild itching

For the last year i have experienced mild night sweats. six months ago i started having mild all over body itching. I have seen a gynocologist for pelvic pain and night sweats and seen my GP at least 3 times for my symptoms everytime i went they ran blood test...cbc cbc/differential, they ran thyroid and more everything negative. also i had a chest xray which came back negative. i just today saw another gynocologist and told him i am sick and tired of these night sweats so he is refering me to an oncologist. should i be worried since night sweats with lymphoma are always almost supposed to be drenching? and how about the itching?

Please advise!
scared to death!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
(female)

a4nelson HB User
Re: Every night mild night sweats and mild itching

Anyone? Can anyone offer any insight to these frightning symptoms I'm having of night sweats? All I can think about is lymphoma..I have just become obsessed with this constantly on the Internet trying to find some sort of peace. But noone seems to have symptoms quite like me. :'(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Hi I wish I had answers but I am worrying about the same thing for me. I have the sweats that are unbelievable but am told it is just part of menopause. Ok, but I swell up, itch, cramp, left neck vein swells, jolt, tremors just to name a few things. The abdominal pain has sent me to ER 3 times but no one had been able to find anything. Interestingly enough I just grew a cyst on my right ovary so I will be having a hysterectomy and my appendix removed. However, I am really starting to wonder if maybe I have a lymphoma. The only real way I think is to have a bone marrow test. My hubby has hemlytic anemia and because they wanted to see if cancer was an underlying cause they did the bone marrow biopsy.
I will be very interested to know what an ocologist says. At least your dr is following through. Good luck. Hopefully someone who has more experience with this will answer you

Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

a4nelson HB User

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I am sorry to hear about all the other symptoms you are experiencing! Your Dr just chalked all those symptoms up as menopause? They don't seem like to norm for menoupause as well as the abdominal pain. Was your abdominal pain due to the cyst?

I had talked to my gyno and told him my issues about my fear of lymphoma so i have an appointment on the 15th...but just today i got a phone call from a nurse i guess telling me my pap had atypical cells and i need to come in for a colposcopy on the 14th. So my day has been absolutely horrible. Now lymphoma seems to be on the back of my list of concerns right now..all i can think of at this point is possible cervical cancer? maybe that was what my unexplained pelvic pain was for the last year...dear lord i hope not. I don't know anything yet for sure..but i just feel my life spiralling out from under me...

Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Thankfully they are getting you in pretty quickly. I know waiting is horrible.
My dr chalked up the sweating to the menopause. I do have fibromyalgia but I am concerned there is something more. The abdominal pain was prior to the existance of the cyst. The cyst is new. It wasn't there in March. My CA125 was normal but the dr doesn't put a lot of stock in the test. The dr I saw today said the swelling is probably due to the fibro or an autoimmune disease and to keep pushing my HMO to continue to search.
I would like to see a hemotologist but first things first. Surgery next month.
Good luck with your test and stay in touch. I know it is scary.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
(female)

a4nelson HB User

Hi mel52!

I am sorry to hear that! My dr diagnosed me with restless legs syndrome, fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis,anxiety and depression. In the past the only test were run were blood test which were alway normal. But i was diagnosed with all these. Yes I do suffer from anxiety which causes my legs to feel bad at night. But when I would see my dr for any kind of pain they slapped oh..you have fibromyalgia. and when I started suffering from pelvic pain and mild urinary trouble..they told me ohh you have interstital cystitis. But the thing was is I know what I feel isn't due to fibromyalgia..because from what i have heard fibromyalgia is a constant deep ache. and I never experienced that.

What is a ca125 by chance? and please keep me updated on your health and your surgery! please keep in touch!

Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi a CA 125 is a test for ovarian cancer.
Actually fibromyalgia is not always a deep ache. It is like an over sensitivity to everything and yes some aches. There are all kinds of symptoms and even bladder problems.

Drinking tonic water can help and so can magnesium for the restless leg. Search for some info on that.
The night sweats are terrible aren't they? I itch inside. Drs don't know what to say when I tell them

Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
(female)

a4nelson HB User

Oh Wow!

Gosh now that you mention it I dont have those deep ache but i definatley experience an all over sensitivity. My dr has had me on lorazepam for quite a few years but I hate being dependant on it to sleep! I will definately look into using magnesim. Thank you so much! Please keep me posted!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
(female)

BchGrl HB User

It sounds like worst case scenario would be hodgkins lymphoma. Which sounds awful but I know several people that dealt with it & as far as cancer goes, that's one of the best to have. 95% cure rate & my friend was out at bars, exercising, traveling most of the time during treatment & is back to life like it never happened 1 month after it all.

Get 2nd & 3rd opinions if they blow it off & chalk it up to something else without proving it. I got misdiagnosed & if listened to everyone to tell me put trust in my Dr., I'd be dead. The more opinions & input, the better, in my opinion.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I guess that is why I started reading this board because I am starting to wonder. My husband has hemolytic anemia and non hodgkins was the suspect for the cause. However, bone marrow testing was negative and frequent blood work has been negative.
I bruise easy too. So far all blood work has been negative and I was tested for lymphoma as the endocrinologist I saw said there is usually an underlying cause of osteroporosis which I have. However, I have read a bone marrow test is the only sure thing. I didn't like the endocrinoloigst at all. She was not a nice person and I don't think very good. I have a HMO so I am limited on my choices.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #11
(female)

BchGrl HB User

well, I went to an endrocrinolgist years ago only to be told my hormone levels are normal so I'm fine. She never suggested to check for lymphoma.
Blood work & bone marrow testing is not the only sure way. In fact, they might not even show it.
PET/CT and chest x-ray would be more beneficial. If it's in your bone marrow, you are a stage 4. You can be an earlier stage & your LDH levels & sed rate can be normal. I think it would show something with your white blood cells though but not always.
maybe would show atypical lymphoid cells.............

If your hormone levels are fine, then keep getting checked (I learned by their mistakes). If you've been itching straight for 6 months & night sweats most of the time, make them find a diagnosis. do you get the chills (very midly)? I knew when finally I got the chills so bad my teeth chattered but I woke up & was fine & it never happened again. I have non hodgkins though. No itching.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #12
(female)

BchGrl HB User

By the way, you'll hear this from every DR. The night sweats must be drenching. So not true. Mine never were & so doctors would blow that off or chalk it up to something else. I started getting them when I was 30.
They kept getting worse to where I'd sleep with a dry washcloth to wipe off my chest and forehead but that's it! Never drenching.
And in the beginning for a long while not that noticeable even.

Dr. see black and white & only believe what they read in their school books. But some of us are proof that there are different levels or severity or situations & can still have the same disease.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
(female)

a4nelson HB User

Bchgrl,

Would you tell me how you were initially diagnosed with lymphoma? Was it from a CT Scan,
blood work or other forms of testing?

I have been to my oncologist and she has ran me through the ringer of blood test trying to rule out everything I even got a tb test to see if that was causing my night sweats. Everything turned out negative for me. She felt all my neck, breast armpits,groin and clavical region and didn't find any abnormal sized lumps. I have a CT scan due on Monday. I still have not felt any relief because i know that you cant diagnose most cancers from a blood test no matter how many test they run. But Now what my fear is maybe this isn't lymphoma but cervical cancer i am experiencing..oh dear lord in heaven...I mean I have the itching and night sweats. But my gyno also found abnormal cells on my recent pap and I am starting to think its not lymphoma....I don't know my mind has been going 1000 miles a minute..what if its this what if its that..Im afraid of the results.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
(female)

BchGrl HB User

i just got back from gyno & gyno oncologist too. I have abnormal cells too but more women will have that in their lifetime than will not. I was told that it will take a long time for cervical cancer to form so you may just get your atypical cells scraped off. I don't think that causes night sweats.

I had an MRI & CT. Then a lymph node biopsy of an enlarged lymph node. then a PET scan. I also had muggs scans, bone scans, fluid aspiration bx, so many tests I cannot even remember them.

If you get a CT with contrast from at least your chest to your pelvis that should show something. Also a chest x-ray (although mine was negative) If its negative, still try to find out what it is but don't worry so much after that.

You don't want a bone marrow biopsy unless other tests show suspicion. What is your LDH level. I think above 200 is bad (dont remember though) Still doesn't mean lymphoma though, but it could

Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
(female)

a4nelson HB User

I don't know just yet what the results are I do know that they called me and said all labs were normal. And because they were normal I need to go in for a CT scan. which i will do tomorrow. So Where was your lymphoma located at? did you not have any that you could feel on your arms neck or groin? where did they biopsy your node from?

Im sorry please forgive me for asking so many questions. I am just a mess right now until i get my test results back. I know they will find something..I know that because you don't suffer from night sweats and all over body itching for no reason at all.

Closed Thread