It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
(male)

mpkr HB User
Swollen Nodes - Please Suggest

Hi,

For past 1 month I am having swollen lymph nodes in my arm pit. It started with high fever [103+ deg] and could not be controlled with normal antibiotics.

The temperature is now in control after taking IV antibiotics but the lymph glands are continuing to swell. During another Ultra Sound, doctors found swollen lymph nodes in my neck and left collar bone area also. These nodes seem to be fixed and painless. Got couple of FNAC done for the axillary nodes and both time it has come negative for malignancy and as reactive.

I also have severe itching in complete neck area. Something that feels deep in the skin but does not go away. This itching has been for more than 2 years and keeps on going and coming back.

Doctors have suggested wait and watch approach but I am very concerned because of family history and the swelling spreading into other areas.

I have read that there are less/no symptoms in early stages of Lymphoma. Is it possible to have swollen lymph nodes in more than one area in the early stages.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Last edited by mpkr; 11-30-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
(male)

mpkr HB User
Re: Swollen Nodes - Please Suggest

Doctor decided to go for a biopsy of one of the Lymph nodes in the neck. Let us see what comes out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
(male)

kirk1993 HB User
Re: Swollen Nodes - Please Suggest

Hi sorry this isn't really an answer but i dont know how you start a thread on this website? It is related to your problem though as im having trouble with lymph nodes, i have four pea sized ones that are moveable and on different parts of the body. I have one on each hip bone and one of each side of my law line, they dont hurt and they have been there a long time, i also dont have any paticular infection that i am aware of. I have lost a lot of weight in the past year though so i'm not sure if thats got anything to do with it, other things im worried about are this slightly swollen lump on my left hand between my thumb and index finger and i have this really odd clicking feeling every time i swallow. Whenever i tell people about these things they think im a hypochondriac and tell me to just get on with it, i am genuinley worried though and sorry for posting this on someone else's post i just dont know how to use post my own thread. Any help and advice would be really appreciated, thankyou.

Closed Thread