It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
(male)

rmtmichigan HB User
Medi Port - Experiencing Pain along edges

I had a medi port installed 3 weeks back in the upper chest area near the right shoulder and had the first chemo treatment done 10 days back. Only since the last 3 days, I am experiencing tenderness and pain just outside the edges of the mediport. If I lightly run my finger alng the edges of the port, I can feel the pain. Certain movements of the arm causes a shooting pain in this area. The mediport itself does not hurt. It almost feels like the port edges might be pressing into the muscle tissue, causing the tenderness and the pain. My next Chemo session is in 10 days.

Has anyone experienced similar pains with mediports and if so, how did it get resolved? Is this pain to be expected and should I jsut adapt and live with it?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
5PM comes and so does the pain Shanibelle Knee & Hip Problems 4 07-05-2010 07:09 AM
port vs picc line betsyboop Multiple Sclerosis 1 01-23-2009 11:05 AM
does medi-cal cover tmj treatments? inkedkitty805 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 5 09-05-2008 09:19 PM
Questions about SS/medi - don't know what to do now sierrabrulee Disabilities 3 01-24-2008 05:03 PM
Applying for Medi-Cal for my Dad bryan916 Health Insurance Issues 1 12-28-2007 09:18 PM

Tags
mediport, mediport pain