It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

akatyers HB User
any suggestions welcome

Long story short, I found lymph nodes under left arm pit (about 6) and right groin area (3). I have been fighting fatigue but always blamed my throid. Tried antibiotics but they did not go away. In fact I began to get more. Subclavicle, neck upper back neck area, other armpit, my tongue is also very scalloped. I actually think the tongue came first. Did an incisional biopsy on the inguinal node and it came back clear. Now I have a new large (walnut sized) lump near my incision site and a couple of more nodes an can feel and it feels like the veins in that area are hard, twig like. The node itself is hard and doesn't really move like the other nodes. It does not hurt but I do get achy in that area often. My dr said since the biopsy came back ok, everything is fine and she really has no idea what is causing the nodes to become enlarged but that I should not be concerned. Although she did mention I could see a hemotologist if I wanted to.

Should I just go along my merry way and forget about all these lumps and bumps or should I continue to search out a reason for them? I have good insurance so that is really not an issue.

Oh I forgot to mention my bloodwork has always been fine. Nothing out of the ordinary except for my thyroid levels that I have been working on with a new endocrinologist.

I read somewhere that the inguinal node is not a good one to biopsy because it often comes out just inflamation. We took that one because it was easiest to get to. Is it possible for one node to be clear while others might be cancerous.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread