It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

elle2010 HB User
Question Very worried

Hi, so i have had swollen lymph nodes (palpable) in my neck, under my arms and in my groin for a year......ive been back and forth to my gp, ive had an ultrasound of the neck nodes just recently which are sizeable, 3.6cm and 3.8cm in the same spot on each side of my neck, there are others as well, including a 2.6cm directly under the 3.6cm on the right side.

they are rubbery, some moveable, some not so much.

the ultrasound report was somewhat comforting at the time (about 2 months ago) as it said they show normal fatty hilum, and normal hilar flow.

however i feel as though they are increasing so im still worried

i have had a blood test done (2 weeks ago) which showed no signs of elevated LDH, and nothing off in my blood count........

i also had a FNA in the 3.6cm node that came back as reactive.

i have read in so many places Hodgkin normaly shares the node with reactive cells... and that it rarely gets picked up properly on an FNA, so that hasnt helped me much.

I am waiting to make an appt with a hematologist, which around her take 3-5 weeks to get a consultation..

I am extremely anxious.

I have lost about 3kg but when i first got this on my mind i stressed myself VERY bad and so you may be able to contribute that to the weight loss..... i dont really know......

i have been feeling itchy, i get random patches that itch, they turn red once ive itched them and seem to fade within minutes, but at the time they feel so hot and itchy and theres never anything visible.

i am going back to my (very unhelpful) gp in 5 days im going to try my hardest to get a PET scan though i highly doubt she will give me a referal for it. otherwise i might push for another ultrasound of neck AND under arms to see what the size and structure is of the nodes.

i also had an abdominal scan 3 weeks ago my spleen was 12.38cm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
(female)

elle2010 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Very worried

I would also like to add i have 1 enlarged tonsil....... it has been like that for about 2 months now and doesnt seem to have gotten any bigger..

Closed Thread