It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

singlemumof1 HB User
Unhappy curiosity killed the cat and now im starting to worry :( all advice appriciated pls

Hi everyone... okay well to start with about 4 or 5 days ago i noticed a small raised lump in my left armpit... it didnt worry me at 1st as i thought it may have been a pimple or something along those line. Iv never had anything like that there before but i never gave it a second thought.
Tonight i was talking to my mum and i mentioned that i had a little bumpy thing in my armpit and she got a little worried... I have tried to look at it but its in a really difficult position for me to see easily so my mum had a quick look and suggested that i go to the drs. Im unsure if it has gotten bigger or smaller as i didnt pay too much attention to it until now. As i am sitting here typing to you i have the sensation as if my sleeve is a little bunched up in my armpit but know there is nothing there and im assuming my armpit is a little swollen.
In the last 6 months i have lost a considerable amount of weight going from an australian size 16 down to a size 8-10. This has never been an issue with me for several reasons... 1) i am more active due to having a 1 year old son 2) sometimes i do take drugs that alter my appetite and 3) i dnt really have time to cook a meal for me after cooking something for my son.
Since i have lost all this weight i have been noticing how much i sweat. Just vaccuming i will sweat that much that it is dripping down my face, or organising my son to get ready and go out. Over here we are in summer and i am living in a different house with a different climate but when i was 'fatter' i never remember sweating as much as i do now.
I have been under ALOT of stress for the last 2 months in dealing with shared custody of my son and have other family issues and i have put this down to my sleep deprivation. But nothing as if i need to sleep during the day or no energy i am still able to do everything i normally do.
Since moving into my new home i have noticed how people complain about my house being too cold with the aircon going but i dnt feel cold, i actually feel pretty warm. A few nights a week i have noticed that i will wake up all sweaty and have to turn the aircon on.
NONE of this has worried me until now and thinking about all this has been brought on by a symptom search of something my mum mentioned about my lump.
Lymphoma symtoms seem to be creeping up everywhere but my lump has only been evident for the last few days.
The bump is similar to a large pimple without the white head, but i have no pain there at all (unlike normal pimples).... i can pick at it, poke it and there is no pain from the lump itself.... i cant seem to feel anything hard under the skin but then again i actually have no idea what im supposed to feel for, but i know i cant feel a lump beneth the skin.
Im afraid of going to the dr because i dont want to be treated like an idiot and find out its just an ingrown hair or something ridiculous... iv never had anything in my armpits before and i am extremely curious whether what i consider 'symptoms' is something to worry about or rather a coincidence? I havent been ill in the last year, im pretty sturdy when it come to sickness... Does anyone have an opinion on my situation? Do you think its all coincidence and im loosing my mind or could this be something much more sinister?
Would LOVE some kind of advice
Thanx in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

singlemumof1 HB User
Re: curiosity killed the cat and now im starting to worry :( all advice appriciated p

also i am a smoker of about 15 a day.... and a couple months ago i have noticed how fairly often i am unable to take that deep breath. You know how you yawn or just inhale deeply and you get that little feeling of relief? I spend probably 30% of my day taking deep breaths or big yawns to get that feeling of calm relief. Sorri for the long posts i just want you all to know most of everything that it going through my head that was never an issue until now.... Hope to hear of previous experiences and maybe even an opinion for someone in the medical industry :/

Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
(female)

singlemumof1 HB User
Re: curiosity killed the cat and now im starting to worry :( all advice appriciated p

People are looking and no one is replying... pls can someone reply? what would you do if you were me? Im really starting to worry as more things are being added to my list of symptoms
Am i over reacting?

Last edited by singlemumof1; 02-19-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
(male)

pip123 HB User

Hello SingleMum,

I think what you need to do is focus on your symptoms at the Dr's office and minimize your focus on the lump. Then if the lump turns out to be a false indicator they will not stop looking. I have many symptoms as well but most of my swollen lymph nodes are internal and cannot be felt from the surface. I have recently been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have found you need to be your own advocate. Make sure until you believe the diagnosis covers the symtoms you are experiencing that you do not allow the doctors to dismiss your case as nothing.

Good Luck!
Don - SouthernBC

Don

Closed Thread