It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

ann zoey HB User
Scared, lost lymphoma?

I was diagnosed with sjogren's 5 years ago and since then my body has gone downhill. I am losing my eyesight, have fibro, gastreopesis, lupus and just in general feel horrible. Every day I make myself get up and try to accomplish something. Some days it works and others it does not...

My question is about lymphoma. I have lost 30 lbs in the past year and went to my G.P. for a swollen spleen and liver. He sent me to an oncologist who has seen me every month for the past year. He has wanted to do ton's of test but my disability was not thru so I had no insurance. Time has passed and I now have medicare and medicade. The testing has begun and I have found out I have a bone island in my left hip which started hurting around 6 months ago. I can not walk thru Wal Mart without extreme pain and no I have not mentioned this to my doctor yet. I am tired ALL of the time and my brain just does not function all the time. I mentioned my main concern to him when I first went to him and he seems to ignore it. I have what I think is a lymph node on the right side of my neck that is swollen. It extends from my ear and goes at an angle to the middle of my neck. I have a cough from an itch in my throat that will not go away. They did a scope and found nothing in my esophagus but I knew it was on the outside before they did the test. There is a feeling of a lump in my throat that makes me not able to swallow without turning my head to the side. I could go on and on but am curious what your opinion is about my situation. My blood work has gone up and down over the past year but is not to far out of range (or at least that is what they say). I am anemic and they have me on a liquid diet b/c of my stomach problems. Does this sound like lymphoma to you? The node has enlarged over the year and is very prominent now. The oncology doc. has always said to not touch it and I do not know why. I have had so many test run but not a single one of them have checked the lymph node itself. Am I crazy to be concerned about the node and is that a node? I am so concerned that I have made an appt. for tomorrow and plan to get an answer as to why they do not check it. In the mean time is there anyone that can reassure me that I am not crazy? What else could this be? I do know that I have a higher chance of getting Lymphoma with my sjogren's so why are they not doing what I think needs to be done. Every test has been on my stomach and that general area other than the scope which showed 2 nodules that they did a biopsy on. Negative thank goodness but what about the node and scratchy feeling with the cough? Help me please as I am driving myself crazy and can not sleep. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Scared, lost lymphoma?

The reason they tell you not to touch it is because messing with it can cause inflammation and swelling. If it is swollen because you've been poking or pressing at it, there is no real way for them to diagnose a problem, especially when your tests seem okay right now. Try not to mess with it. I hope this appt. you mentioned will give you the answers you need. Take each day as a blessing and try and be happy with everyday you have. Take care :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to worrywartmom39 For This Useful Post:
ann zoey (05-18-2011)
Closed Thread