It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

jewlo HB User
Scared...two and a half to 4 cm enlarged lymph nodes in groin....

Hi Everyone. I am so glad I found this site! I am so scared right now, and I am hoping someone can help me with some answers. I have been having pains in my left side, night sweats, small grade fevers, and have lost about 41 lbs. in the last 2 months. I have constant diahrrea, I feel run down, and suffer chronic all-over itchiness, to the point I have sore, red skin. I had a multitude of tests (colonoscopy, upper/lower, GI, etc.) and then finally a CT scan this Monday. Three hours after the CT scan I got a call from my doctor saying that the scan showed numerous swollen lymph nodes in my groin, on the right side. She said they were considered "abnormal" since they range in size from two and a half to four cms. The doctor said she would like to rule out lymphoma, but she didn't really sound too concerned. LYMPHOMA! I'm so shocked...Since Monday, (and today is Wednesday), I have had more tests, and have a consultation to meet with a surgeon this Friday to have some nodes removed for biopsy. But I haven't seen a doctor in between all of these appts, and it seems like everything is moving so fast! I don't have any pain on the right side, and I cannot feel the nodes when I touch there, so it seems weird. I know I shouldn't panic, but I am really, really scared. I never even considered cancer, I honestly thought Diverticulitis or some sort of IBS. What happens now?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jewlo
terr828 (05-23-2011), worrywartmom39 (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Scared...two and a half to 4 cm enlarged lymph nodes in groin....

I feel so bad no one has replied to your post at all. I hope that you are doing okay. I don't really no what to say because I don't have this issue but I just felt the overwhelming need to reach out to you. Please be happy, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

jewlo HB User

Thank you very much for your kind words! It's okay I didn't get any replies, just reading all the other posts has really helped me feel better. I am having my biopsy this Monday, but strangely, I'm not feeling as anxious as I was when I posted previously. I've been keeping busy, and trying not to think about it. I just want to get it over with, and know if it's cancer or not. Thank you also for your prayers, it means a lot to me! Hope wherever you are, you're having a good day, and again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
(female)

terr828 HB User

Hi there
I'm sorry for what you are going through, but don't worry I am so sure things will be okay. Worrying is the worst thing you can do! I know it's so hard, but I'm sure things will be okay There are so many reasons as to why our bodies lymph nodes can swell. Try not to panic or jump to conclusions, deal with things day by day and things will be okay.
Many hugs xx

The Following User Says Thank You to terr828 For This Useful Post:
babyboomer6 (08-17-2012)
Old 06-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
(female)

jewlo HB User

Well, I have had the biopsy, and it turns out the lymph nodes are reactive. I am going to the hospital on Monday for an ultrasound because now I have what they say is a large hematoma in my groin. OMG! it hurts like hell! The thing that is so disappointing, though, is now that the doctors have ruled out lymphoma, they seem uninterested in finding out what the swollen lymph nodes are reacting to. I am not sure where to go, or what to do next. Should I be concerned? Will the nodes stop swelling on their own? I feel like a hypochondriac, and that's a horrible feeling! I worry that because of the size of the nodes, something is wrong with me. I am still having drenching night sweats, weight loss, etc. The docs don't seem too concerned, so maybe I shouldn't be, but...I am, obviously. Maybe the cancer scare and all this testing just has me run down. But thanks again for your kind words, and let me tell you, this forum has been great in keeping me informed and hearing other peoples' experiences!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
(male)

parispanayi HB User

the dr navaros cancer test is 99% accurate and its just a urine test.
if you are afraid of cancer just do it and then you will know.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

kaz26 HB User

Hi there

Just to say it is strange when one does not feel well and nothing show up in all the tests. I started with problems last year June. Really ill for almost 3 months could hardly get out of bed or up and down the stairs. Everything seemed to pass although get really fatigued on days, 2x bouts of 'diverticulitis', overheat badly, especially during the day and break out into terrible sweating. Have had a lump on my left side of neck since last June and was told it was due to the BAD reflux that i developed. Went to see the ENT who was really awful and told me to deal with the reflux etc felt like a huge hypochondriac (this was in October). Have just gone back to my doctor for a repeat reflux perscription and happened to ask her if she thought I had anything to worry about because of the lump on my neck and the fatigue that i seem to get. She has immediately sent me for more bloods and have to see the ENT again next week (dreading this). My lump seems to wax and wan in size although there permanently. It is really huge and hard on some days, especially when feeling unwell, and then when feel loads better the lump is there but not the hard swelling in my neck. My friends have noticed this swelling and keep urging me to get it sorted - anyway rather safe than sorry as my father died from cancer as thought it was nothing serious and did not want to make a fuss, trying to learn from this and just be a bit more insistent but is hard when nothing is really showing up.

Closed Thread