It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
(male)

Bm93 HB User
Swollen groin lymph node caused by sever sprained ankle?

Is this a possibility? Im trying to figure out why my lymph node is swollen and the only thing i could think of is the sever right ankle sprain that has been healing for the past 2 weeks. There wasnt any breaking of the skin, just lots of swelling (still kinda swollen) and lots of bruising. The swollen lymph node is on my groin on the left side of my body. It's about an inch long and is sort of a bean shape, it hurts alittle when I press on te sides of it. All I really need is a yes or no answer, any extra info is appreciated though. Also if anyone can tell me what percentage of swollen lymph nodes are cause by cancer would be great because I'm paranoid about that too.

Thanks

Old 06-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Swollen groin lymph node caused by sever sprained ankle?

The vast majority of swollen lymph nodes are not cancer. Most people have a swollen lymph node many times in their lives, in fact.

It could be an infection somewhere in your body. It could be irritated (maybe due to walking funny from the ankle sprain?), it could have happened for no reason anyone will ever know.

Don't poke at it too much, that'll keep it swollen. Just keep an eye on it. If it goes down within a few weeks, no need to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
(male)

Bm93 HB User
Re: Swollen groin lymph node caused by sever sprained ankle?

Thanks for the info. I think you might be right about it being irritated from walking funny, I didn't rest my ankle nearly as much as I should have and did alot of hopping on one leg which put alot of stress on my left side.

I'm so relieved that most cases aren't cancer related, I was really paranoid lol

Closed Thread