It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

smw7676 HB User
CLL - Environmental Causes

Hi!

My name is Sianna - my dad is a 52 year old with CLL, diagnosed 8 years ago. We are heading towards a transplant this fall.

I'm a college student, and for my final project in my Environmental Psycholgy class, I'm looking for any environmental causes that could be linked to CLL or leukemia in general.

If you could just reply and let me know if this is something your doctor has ever talked to you about, or if you've researched this issue yourself and would be willing to share information, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

Sianna

The following user gives a hug of support to smw7676:
Daffyd (07-31-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
(female)

Go350zoom HB User
Re: CLL - Environmental Causes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw7676 View Post
Hi!

My name is Sianna - my dad is a 52 year old with CLL, diagnosed 8 years ago. We are heading towards a transplant this fall.

I'm a college student, and for my final project in my Environmental Psycholgy class, I'm looking for any environmental causes that could be linked to CLL or leukemia in general.

If you could just reply and let me know if this is something your doctor has ever talked to you about, or if you've researched this issue yourself and would be willing to share information, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

I have read that chemicals like benzine and agent orange are suspected. Also radiation may be suspect. My husband has CLL and was in the navy. My brother in law also in the navy had miloma. Both were in their late 50's. No one wants to link sailors service with CLL etc as that would mean
disability payments. the va has now made exposure to agent orange during the Vietnam war a known condition of exposure to apply for service benefits for CLL and other cancers. There is no known database of vets with leuchema and the ships they served on or bases. There have been cases of marines who served at toxic bases getting disability. This research to link sites with exposure is hard. Years ago there was Love Canal in NYC A neighborhood built on a toxic waste dump. Many cancers were linked to the chemicals below.
Hope this helps

Sianna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread