It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

mishka101 HB User
Need advice desperately

I am a 35 year old mother of 2 children and 20 months ago(Jan 10) found a small lump on the right side of my neck. Over the course of the next year I attended multiple times with my GP and was given multiple courses(more the ten) of antibiotics. During which time I got more and more cervical lumps but was told by GP all were perfectly normal. By May of this year I was really fed up with the situation as the fatigue is driving me mad. Went back to the practice and begged a different doctor to examine me which she did. She sent a letter to the local hospital and a week later I had an ultrasound done. The first ultrasound girl started the scan but then called in another ultrasound who had a look and then she called in the radiographer. The radiographer was cross with me at first because she thought that I had these lumps this length of time but when she found out that I had told dr's about it she softened!! She said " a lot of these lumps dont worry me but a couple do so you are going to need a CT scan done as I cant see behind your breastbone with the ultrasound and then you'll definitely need a biopsy". That was in May and I heard nothing until the first week in September when I got a phone call on a Thursday to come in on the following Wednesday as I was out of the country at the time so couldnt make it as was only getting home that night. I rang the hosp the day after I got home and asked when was the CT to be done they said "no CT as I was having CT guided biopsy". I wasnt happy about that but eventually(long story short) was told I was then having no CT at all and an ultrasound biopsy. That was due for Friday last and when I attended knew something was wrong. The radiographer came in and he was a young guy. He said "Lie up there and lets have a look at you" Did a very light 90 second scan and said " You're fine no lumps there" I asked him had they all disappeared as I knew they hadn't I can still feel them. He said " Weeellll anything that is there wouldn't concern me". They had no intention of doing a biopsy, there was nothing set up for it, no syringe nothing. He sent me home. Went back saw my GP today and he basically said "What do you want me to do about it, haven't you been given the all clear?" I don't have the option to change dr's or hospital because they say I'm fine.
The only "Symptoms" I have are being tired all the time, very itchy upper back and a year and a half long headache
Sorry to have been so long winded but really need help!!
Here is my ultrasound report, would you be worried by this?
Many many thanks to anyone for some helpful insight.
RADIOLOGICAL REPORT
"EVIDENCE OF 19 X 6MM LYMPH NODE IN THE MID THIRD OF THE NECK ALONG THE GREAT VESSELS ON THE RIGHT.
PRESENCE ALSO OF A 10MM AND A 13MM LYMPH NODE IN THE UPPER THIRD OF THE NECK ON THE RIGHT CLOSE TO THE IVC.
A SINGLE 12MM LYMPH NODE IN THE SUPRA-CLAVICULAR FOCI AND ALSO IN THE MIDLINE OVER THE ISTHMUS OF THE THYROID MEASURING 5MM.
EVIDENCE OF TWO 7MM LYMPH NODES IN THE LEFT SUBMANDIBULAR TRIANGLE(THE MEASUREMENTS WERE MADE ALONG THE LONGER AXIS).
NO LYMPH NODE COULD BE IDENTIFIED IN THE LEFT SUPRA-CLAVICULAR FOCI.
COMMENT;
MULTIPLE LYMPH NODES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE NECK, FOR FURTHER EVALUATION.
CONTRAST ENHANCED CT AND BIOPSY/EXCISION SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

mishka101 HB User
Re: Need advice desperately

Hi All. I was just wondering if anyone actually REPLIES to posts on this board!! I posted 2 weeks ago and not one reply. Interestingly enough plenty of views though. It seems bizarre that not one person who viewed this had nothing to reply. I've noticed that this seems to be common on this site as mine was not the only post with a lot of views but no replies. It's a shame as most people who post here are genuinely worried and would like advice not just morbid "looky-loo's"!!!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
(female)

Candiceuk82 HB User

Hi there, I've only just joined the site but felt really bad that nobody had bothered to reply to you, how are you getting on? Looking at the report you posted I think they should go ahead with the biopsy just to put your mind at rest if nothing else as it is obviously really worrying you, it worries me how doctors nowadays don't seem have the time to be bothered about their patients.
I posted a thread earlier but no replies as yet so can I please ask you whether you had blood work done and if it was normal? I have lumps in my supraclavicular area on the left hand side and my liver and kidney function tests have come back abnormal and I too am very worried

I hope everything turns out okay for you

Candice

Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

mishka101 HB User

Hi there we seem to be the only ones posting lol!!! I went to have the biopsy done and was made a fool out of(as you can read from my first post) so no biopsy for me yet but am not letting it go as I know something is wrong. I have had multiple health probs over the last couple of years but none of the Dr's seem to be listening or joining the dots. The bizarre thing is my blood seems to be fine apart from a tiny liver elevation but a year ago a scan showed that my liver was enlarged. I have had abnormalities in a chest ct but again ignored by the Dr's. Listen, we are two people not medically trained just trying to find answers and support so this is my opinion!!! From what I have gathered through a bit of research is that the supraclavicular nodes are the ones that cause concern. These nodes drain the lungs so have you had any respiratory problems? I've read quite a few patient stories re lymphoma and a lot of the people were told asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia etc. And then found it was lymphoma. Dont want to be a scaremonger but lets be honest if we are one these sites its what we already fear I haven't seen your other post so dont know how old you are if you have had any scans done etc if you want to chat about it!!! Good luck to you too!!
Mishka

Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
(female)

Candiceuk82 HB User

Haha X factor was my saturday night too I have got a cough and been breathless lately but I smoke (not heavily) so put it down to that, I haven't had any scans or anything as I only went doctors last week and when my bloods came back abnormal that's when I've started to worry, just thought it was a bit strange that both kidney and function is abnormal rather than just one of the two, I'm starting to think I'm going mad as I am constantly researching on the Internet which I think is making matters worse to be honest haha.
Have you got a next step planned concerning your own health?

Thanks for replying, Candice x

Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
(female)

Candiceuk82 HB User

Meant to say both kidney and liver function was abnormal, oh and I'm 29 x

Old 10-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
(female)

mishka101 HB User

Hi Candice I too smoke but like you would be a "light" smoker(about 10 silk cut ultra a day)and only began smoking at about 20. I got an appointment for a neck and chest CT for the 8th of November at a different hospital. I think my dr in the hospital smelt a bit of a rat himself with relation to the radiographer and to be honest I dont think my dr wanted to take a chance with HIS CAREER but not my health lol. Did you get a copy of your bloodwork? Odd that both the liver AND kidney function are off. If you do get a copy of the results there is a good site for deciphering blood test called Lab Tests Online. Try not to send yourself mad with the googling

Old 10-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
(female)

Pam0004 HB User

Mish, I just read your post!!! Did you show your Dr. the results? I don't know alot about this but my CT report said this:
The nocontrasted images of the parotid glands, submadibular glands, and thyroid gland are within normal limits.. The noncontrased images of the posterior oropharynx, nasopharynx, oropharynx larynx and trachea are also unremarkable. ( meaning ok )
Numerous small lymph nodes are noted bilaterally. The larges on the left measures 2 x 1.2 x 0.9 cm. On the right the largest lymph node measures 1.9 x 1.1 x 1 cm. No inflammatory changes are identified. The osseous framework appears intact.

IMPRESSION;
1. The exam is not optimal due to lack of IV contrast material.
2. Numerous small bilateral lymph nodes are present. More than likely these are reative. However, they are nonspecific.

I don't know what your neck looks like, but mine looks like a rope is under my skin. It's not ball shaped knots but a long consistant bulge around my neck. I don't understand why your doctors would let your results go unresolved. Have you seen a ENT? That's where I'm headed next.
Pam

Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
(female)

Candiceuk82 HB User

Hi Mish, I'm glad they are finally getting their acts together, I hope all goes well and would like to know how you got on.
I was at the doctors today and my liver function test was very high in potassium which apparently is tied in with the kidney test, my doctor sent me to the ED for a chest x ray which thankfully came back normal so it's off to repeat my bloods tomorrow and heres hoping for a good result, the doctor at ED has told me to make sure my GP gets to the bottom of the swelling and to run more tests so that's what I intend to do,

Candice x

Old 10-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
(female)

mishka101 HB User

Thats great news about the clear chest xray!! Phew!!! I love how one doctor will always say " make sure your doctor does this etc etc" its always someone elses job Anyhow hopefully someone will get to the bottom of the bloodwork problems!!!

Closed Thread