It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

Payton23 HB User
Lymphoma or lymes ????

I have been searching every site to come up with some answers and it's making me crazy and more confused. After months of multiple unexplained symptoms i started looking up causes and they all lead to a type of
Lymphoma my symptoms are occasional night sweats, fatigue,joint/muscle pain,swollen lymhp nodes in my neck armpit groin and collar bone,dizziness /confusion,loss of appetite,extremely itchy skin, blurred vision, shortness of breath, panic attacks,..I finally went to a dr. So now im waiting for test to come back but waiting is killing me. He did call to say all my blood work came back good but he was still waiting for the lymes test. So I've narrowed it down to either lymes or lymhpoma bc symptoms are similar. He also said if the swollen lymph node under my arm was still there in a month he would biopsy it. I feel I can't wait a month and want it done now. Can u have lymphoma with normal blood work and how can I get him to do the biopsy sooner if my lymes test is negative. Any response or advise would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
(male)

bachjs2222 HB User
Re: Lymphoma or lymes ????

From first hand experience, the simple answer is yes you can. Some types of cancer do not have markers in the blood. Sorry to not give good news. Have you asked your GP for a biopsy referral? If yes, keep asking for it. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
(female)

Payton23 HB User
Re: Lymphoma or lymes ????

It's not my gp that I'm seeing . My gyno sent me to a general sergeon bc of a lump they found and he had found more during the visit so he asked if he could do some blood work and wants to wait a month for the biopsy. I should have my results for the lymes today if its negative I'm going to try to convince him to do the biopsy now.

Closed Thread