It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
(male)

jkrc717 HB User
Scared I might have Lymphoma.. any advice/encouragement/help would be appreciated

It all started a month ago. I had a bowl of cereal. I don't do well with diary, but a bowl of cereal never hurt me.

Out of no where I had severe back pain that I've never felt. I went to the ER and they took blood, X-Rays of my back, stomach and chest and urine sample.

The white cell count was a little high so they gave me anti biotics and pain medicine.

The severe pain was gone, but its still there. Chest, ribs, back.

Within the next few days I started becoming very lightheaded and fatigue. The lymph nodes in my neck started to swell a little. The two circle shaped ones on opposite sides under my chin. It was giving me problems swallowing.

I went to see my doctor and they did some blood work. My next appointment wasn't scheduled for another 3 weeks.

Few days later I became so fatigued and lightheaded I couldn't get out of bed. I was very scared so I went to the ER again.

The blood work came out normal. They did an X-ray on my abdominal area and that was normal. They told me it was a viral infection and all you can do it wait it out.

I was so fatigued and light headed. I can barely get out of bed. All I can do that would make me feel OK was just to stay in bed.

I called my doctor and pleaded for her to see me right away. My doctor told me all of my blood work was normal and doesn't know what could be wrong with me. At this time, my arm pits were also swollen. The sides of my neck swollen and my groin area is also lightly swollen. My groin and stomach area is also very tender.

My doctor tells me my B-vitamins are through the roof.

She thinks I have mono, but doesn't have a mono test. She refers me to a hematologist.

The next day I go to an urgent care center to test for mono. It was negative.

At this point i'm extremely frustrated and scared. I literally feel like i'm dying at times. The fear is starting to take over me.

I went to the ER again. This time, the doctor fears I may have leukemia or lymphoma. I haven't really thought of cancer until he put the fear in me.

He does blood tests and does a chest X-Ray. He tells me the chest X-Ray is good. Showing no signs of swollen glands in my chest. He tells me my blood is normal so I don't have leukemia, but tells me to follow up with my doctor and schedule a biopsy to check for lymphoma.

At this point i'm beyond scared. My hematology appointment isn't for another 4 days so this is 4 days of torture.

I started having mild chest pain so this time I went to another ER. I told the doc my fear of lymphoma. The doc did the same thing. Chest X-Ray and blood tests. Again, everything normal.

However, this time, the doc told me he did some sort of blood test that would show signs of cancer and lymphoma. I don't know if such thing exist, but he says he highly doubts i have lymphoma based on the test, but does say the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy.

This did ease my mind a little.

It's been a month of suffering and I'm not any better.

Symptoms are:
Extreme fatigue
light headed
coughing
Near vomiting(spitting, no vomiting)
Swollen glands/lymph nodes
Some chest pain, congestion.
Some pain around the stomach, lower back, groin area, ribs.

No fever, no night sweats.

I spend most my days in bed. My appointment cannot come soon enough.

Also, my appointment is for lymphopyschosis (don't know how to spell it)

I'm scared. I don't see it being anything else other then lymphoma. Biopsy sounds scary. I don't know what to expect.

The following user gives a hug of support to jkrc717:
angelannalise (12-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
(female)

clclc444 HB User
Re: Scared I might have Lymphoma.. any advice/encouragement/help would be appreciated

I just want you to know that you are not alone, and I too am waiting in fear and I hope that everything turns out well for you!

Closed Thread