It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

higgywigs HB User
please Help terrified!

Hi there I am 18 years old, and 3 years ago was diagnosed with glandular fever. I had severly swollen glands in my neck, which have ever since remained large, never going down. I have been to the doctors many times during this period, as I am terrified about cancer, and have everytime been told not to worry. Blood tests have also been run, which have remained normal, but with no explaination as to why the glands have remained this way, I have been reasurching myself, and found that only a glandular biopsy will determin a lymphoma. With this idea stuck in my head I returned to the doctor who requested an ultra sound scan to reasure me, but it is weeks away, and he told me he could garentee there was nothing seriously wrong with me as it would show on my blood tests; which I now know to be untrue. (It seems like the quickest way to find a problem, is to garentee something without proof.)

I have also in the last few days located loads of little lumps similar to another I have in my neck, along the top of my groin. I'm uncertain of exactly how many, but in the region of around 20 little lumps have been felt. The trouble is I am unsure how long they have been there. I like to check often, as like I say, I'm a bit parranoid, but they are relitively deep, and I only found them while standing in the shower. It may well be that they have been there all along, and now I know they are there can feel them, but I don't know. Finding them has made me even more affraid that there is a serious problem, and having had lumps for so long, I'm concerned it will be too late.

It feels like there must be something serious going on, as I would not have symptoms for so long, but investigation seems to be slow and not all that thorough! I'm petrified they are going to tell me that I was right to be worried and that I do have cancer. The fear is starting to control my life, and I feel like I can't look to much ahead, because iminently they are going to tell me I'm ill!

I apologise for the essay,(and spelling) but if anyone could offer an opinion or expertise to set my mind at ease I would be so greatful!!
Thank you xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

sanwan HB Usersanwan HB User
Re: please Help terrified!

Hi Higgywigs,

Many years ago (I was just a bit older than you)I had a pretty bad case of mono with lots of swollen lymph nodes. I am now 75 and though they did get a bit smaller than when I was young they are still there and can still be felt.Yours may never totally go away. If you are having low grade fevers or night sweats see the dr. again. Your blood work is good.My sister has non hodgkins lymphoma and never had a swollen lymph node anywhere that she could feel. Try to relax dear and remember The more you poke around at them the bigger they get.

Wishing you well and adding a few hugs.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

higgywigs HB User
Re: please Help terrified!

Hi Sanwan,
Thank you for replying to my post. I really do hope it is nothing, I think it's the lack of a plausable and confirmed alternative explaination that worries me. That and the fact that I am just a worrier. It would be just my luck that when things are really good in my life, something bad should happen.
You're right though I should stop poking and stressing
I really hope your sister is ok, and on the mend.
Thank you again. I return the hugs!! xx

Closed Thread