It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

Lozza410 HB User
Blood tests and ultrasound- pea size lump

Hi everyone,

I noticed a pea sized lump on the right side of my neck about a year ago. I didn't get it seen until about a month ago when I came down with a really bad cold that was accompanied by a really bad cough (i would have coughing fits that would make me puke). I also had high fevers several times a day (102F/38C) and 2 nights of night sweats, drenching my bed sheets.

Anyway, i went to see my doctor and mentioned the lump. She said she wasn't concerned about how it felt or anything. She gave me antibiotics for the cough. My cough got better after the course and finally faded 2-3 weeks ago.

My lump is still present and it feels more noticeable. I found other smaller nodes under the pea sized lump in question plus today my GP found more on my shoulder/back and I found another similar lump on my shoulder blade. My GP said he wasnt concerned about my shoulder blade lump nor the ones he found on my shoulder. I actually have a pain in my kidney region which i think is a muscle strain cause by the way i hold my 20lb baby, it hurts when i stretch or life heavy objects. Other than my cold, i feel absolutely fine and i have energy and i eat normally..its just this darn lump that has me worried.

Today, GP told me that the lump on the right side of my neck was a little hard than normal and he sent me to the hospital to get blood taken and schedule an ultra sound. I got the bloods done today: Paul-Bunnell Test; Erythrocyte Sedimentation; Plasma C reactive protein. Tomorrow is my ultra sound. Can anyone advise what i should expect? i really would rather my doctor just take the mass out and have it biopsied. its really worrying me and it makes me very emotional especially when my baby smiles at me. Is it possible that my lump in question could be a lymph node that is totally harmless and will never go down? My doctor mentioned it could also be a fibroid..but i somehow seem to think the worst!

what can i expect at the ultra sound, will they tell me if they see something abnorma?
- Lozza

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

Lozza410 HB User
Re: Blood tests and ultrasound- pea size lump

Well in the ultra sound they found many raised lymph nodes all up and down my neck and collar bone area. The lump in question looked normal and didn't have any abnormal growth or look to it. Thy said it was probably a virus. But I'm not fighting any virus or infection. My blood results came back- nurse said I don't have glandular fever (I had it in high school though) but my blood count was low and they wanted to retest in 10 days.

Is there cause for concern here?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
(female)

Lozza410 HB User
Re: Blood tests and ultrasound- pea size lump

Well in the ultra sound they found many raised lymph nodes all up and down my neck and collar bone area. The lump in question looked normal and didn't have any abnormal growth or look to it. Thy said it was probably a virus. But I'm not fighting any virus or infection. My blood results came back- nurse said I don't have glandular fever (I had it in high school though) but my blood count was low and they wanted to retest in 10 days.

Is there cause for concern here?

Closed Thread