It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

lucyj3 HB User
scared

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could help me.. I have had swollen lymph nodes in my groin, under my jaw and in my neck from over 10 months now. They have never gone down. they arent painful. I have been experiencing night sweats.. so much so that my pyjamas are soaked. I have been to the doctors time and time again and here are just a few of the stupid explanations they have come up with - its because you're healthy, Its because you're slim, Its because you wax your bikini line, its because you're a student. I have had blood tests, a full sti check and they have been clear. I am so tired a lot of the time, even though I make sure I have lots of sleep. I have lower back pain and abdominal pain most days. I'm really worried but the doctors just aren't taking me seriously. Should I be worried?
Lucy.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
(female)

orangeena HB User
Re: scared

Hi Lucy, sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. I am going through the same thing right now, with swollen glands painful glands in my armpit and groin for almost a year. I've been back and forth to the doctor and FINALLY they did an ultrasound and found that I had at least one gland in my groin that was over 3.5 cm. My primary care sent me to a surgeon for a consult and possible biopsy. My consult is friday and I'm counting the minutes. I just want to get everything over with and just know something, no matter good or bad, so I can start planning treatment and healing

If you can't get any results from your primary care doc, try looking up surgeons in your area that deal with the lymphatic system and just make yourself an appointment. A surgeon by nature will probably be more aggressive in their approach to diagnose, by immediately ordering a scan of some kind and are much more likely to biopsy if they find anything on the scan.

From everything I'm reading, if it is lymphoma, the only real way to get a definitive answer on type, is either a biopsy or lumpectomy anyway.

Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread