It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

jasna2 HB User
Lump on lymph node - Lymphoma symptoms

Hi...
I'm 19 years old and I have lymphoma symptoms
In November 2011, I noticed a lump on the right site on my neck, on the lymph node. Back then, I had night sweats and I gained some weight. Also I had fever, especially at the afternoon. I went to my doctor and told her about it and she checked the lump and said it was nothing, it could be from a cold, or infection. I did a blood test and my lymphocytes were a little bit high but everything else was normal. They looked my blood under a microscope and it was also normal. After a mount I checked my weight and I had lost 26 pounds, the lump was still there, also the night sweats and plus I was feeling pain in the lump after drinking alcohol. I went to an other doctor and told him that I think I have lymphoma, because of all the symptoms and he started jelling at me that I was crazy to thing about it, that it's nothing and he gave me antibiotics. I took them, but the lump was still here, so I did another blood test in mid-January and everything was normal, but the lump was still there, plus my doctor found another one at the back of my neck and the lymph nodes on the left side on my neck were swollen, like the right ones were before the lump appeared. My doctor said it was nothing, it will be smaller after some time, but he send me to do an echo, just in case. The doctor who did the echo said that he doesn't know what it is, but that it's really big to be just a swollen lymph node. He send me to an other doctor who said it might be a cyst and that I should wait for some time... So I thought I'll stop checking my self and I will go on with my life... But a week ago I had pain in my tooth for like 5 days. I don't have a tooth, I just have the root of the tooth and I don't have the nerve of the tooth. Last Sunday I had pain in my right eyelid and the next morning my right site of the face was swollen. I called my dentist to tell him and he told me to take antibiotics so he can take the root out. I took the antibiotics and the swelling was gone for two days, but from my eyelid expired lymph. So this Saturday I got home from college and I went to my dentist to take the root out, but it was weekend so he couldn't and he send me to a maxilo-facial surgeon. The surgeon checked my root and my lumps, and I did a X-ray on the mouth and he said that I didn't swelled from the root, that it was something else. Then I did a chest-ray and it was clear (thank God) and then he started asking questions like - do you have night sweats, fever, lost weight? Then he rechecked my neck and found a lump on the left side on the neck and he send me to do an echo on the neck and suggested to do a blood test and a biopsy on the lump. I'm really scared now, because he looked so worried and he was so serious, not like the other doctors and I think, from the questions he asked, he's pretty sure it might be a lymphoma... Could be a lymphoma?? I'm so scared I can't even sleep... Tomorrow I'm doing the blood test and the echo... And if then they don't know what it is, next Saturday they'll probably do me a biopsy... People help here please.. I have now idea what to think about..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

dopeycopey HB User
Smile Re: Lump on lymph node - Lymphoma symptoms

Hiya...I know you posted a while ago but did u ever find out what the cause of the lumps were....hope all went well

Reply Reply