It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

HushMouse HB User
Question Can anyone help me? Sorry for the lengthy post!

Hi all-

First off, I am sorry this is so long. It has been a rough one trying to deal with this and not knowing exactly what to do. I really hope that someone out there can tell me what I should do.

To begin with, I feel I should be honest and admit that I am a bit of a hypochondriac. I know that being this way has lead to the inevitability of people not listening to me when I think something is wrong with me.

It started years ago- I can't remember when. Over 4 years. I developed this knot on my neck, right where my jaw meets it. It is on the left side. It started out pretty big. When I asked anyone about it, and let them feel it- they got freaked out by how hard it was. It only hurt if it got pressed on really hard, but other than that it didn't hurt at all.

I spoke with my doctor about it ( a doctor which I might add that I do not see anymore), and she said it was because I dyed my hair. I stopped dying my hair, and did not do so for a few years. The knot never went away. I figured "since the doctors not freaked out by it, why should I be"- and since I know that I can be a hypochondriac, I just let it drop.

Well, starting at the beginning of this year, I began to get horrible face aches that started right on the knot and radiated down my jaw and up my face. Seriously the worst pain I have ever experienced. I took ibuprofen, tylenol, etc, etc. Nothing worked. The "faceaches" only lasted about 5-10 minutes (at first). I am talked dehabilitating pain. I had to be sent home from work, I couldn't function whenever they happened, and I couldn't predict when they would happen.

I went to a different doctor, who thought I had mono, tried out 3 different antibiotics on me (not penicyllin- allergic), tested me for mono 2 different times- both times which came back negative. He also said that my white blood cell count was good, so I shouldn't be at risk for cancer. He recommended that I see a special infectious disease doctor. I should also add that this doctor is the only doctor that I can afford to go to. He's cheap, but is known for being less than accurate on his diagnosises.

So, I gave up on it for a bit. Learned that driving my car (which vibrated alot) gave me headaches and cold/hot food/drinks triggered them. Couldn't figure out why, now I notice that in the back of my mouth, on the back (phyarnx) wall of my throat there is a knot. When you push on the knot on the outside of my jaw it moves the one of the back of my throat.

I would list other symptoms, but I am not sure if they are symptoms or if I am just being paranoid and a hypochondriac.

I don't know what to do. I can't afford a doctors visit. I don't know it I am just being a paranoid. I know it hurts. I know it scares me.

I am 27 years old, no real health issues, that I know of. I don't smoke, I lead a relatively healthy lifestyle (no crazy things, good diet, not as much exercise as I should). I am a college student fighting to keep my student loans from defaulting, and barely making enough money to get by.

Sorry for the length. Just really freaked out. Any information is greatly apprecriated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
(male)

hiruko6615 HB User
Re: Can anyone help me? Sorry for the lengthy post!

Have you tried using the clinic at the college you are attending? You should also check on getting insurance through the school. It's usually pretty cheap for students.

Closed Thread

Tags
knots on neck, lump in neck, lump in throat, lump jawline, lymph node