It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
(female)

Justintime09 HB User
Question Feeling worried & overwhelmed - Painless, hard lymph node R side of neck

Please provide feedback if able. I understand this is not intended to diagnose or replace medical advice but just feeling worried & overwhelmed & welcome any support or feedback! Thank you.
I am writing here to help determine if my concerns are valid & to get feedback from other members re: their experiences. In May I went to the ER because I felt awful - headache, extreme fatigue, neck pain, fevers. This had been ongoing that week but had gotten worse. CT scan of neck showed prominent cervical lymphadenopathy, CBC lymphocytes low at 12%. Radiologist recommended f/u CT scans of chest, abdomen & pelvis. Finally got those after much runaround with PCP. Those were negative. I went to my rheumatologist to see if these might be enlarged due to my lupus, he said no but recommended a needle aspiration biopsy. PCP continued to dismiss my concerns so I made an appt with a surgeon anyway mostly because 2 of the nodes R lateral neck & posterior cervical have increased in size & are very hard almost rock-like. After examining me & conferring with his radiologist it was recommended I have a PET scan prior to removing the node & it would have to be an excisional biopsy I was told. Surgeon was leaving for vacation that weekend & anticipted that PET would be done by his return 10 days later. So here I am two months later with ongoing low grade fevers nearly daily, extreme fatigue, and now I itch everywhere - worse at night but pretty constant so that it wakes me up. I sleep with a bamboo back-scratcher - lol. I don't get why my PCP is lagging. The surgeon sought me out on his return from vacation & was disturbed that the follow up had not been done. I asked if an ultrasound would be helpful - he said no, PET scan was the next step. Any advice would helpful & reassuring. Thank you.

Last edited by Justintime09; 07-24-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread