It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

cahcinderella HB User
From appendicitis to lymphoma

Hi Everyone, I have recently begun experiencing right lower flank pain that is only felt when my back is pressed up against something (like when I am sitting in a chair) the pain is sharp. I ended up going to the emergency room two weeks ago thinking I had a kidney stone or infection. CAT scan and UA were performed and the result was appendicitis. I had surgery the next morning. the surgeon said that he saw some flaking (I think he said the flaking was along my abdominal wall)when he performed my appendectomy that he thought was endometriosis however the biopsy came back small cell lymphocytic lymphoma. The sugeon told me that he questions the diagnosis as he has never seen lymphoma present this way. He said that my appendix came back normal with no abnormality seen other than that it was enlarged. I spent 4 days in the hospital because my WBC count was elevated, however, my spleen was removed 10 yrs ago due to a car accident and my WBC count has been frequently elevated since then. I am terrified and am waiting for the Oncologist to call with my appt date. My back still hurts btw, but the pain seems a little lower. I don't know what to think at this point and have been depressed, crying, and planning my funeral. Any insight, opinions, comments, would be most welcomed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: From appendicitis to lymphoma

If it is indeed lymphoma, many lymphomas respond quite well to chemotherapy, and many patients are actually cured by treatment. So the appt with the oncologist should help, with further testing, to determine if it is minimal and localized, or what areas are affected, and a treatment plan will be devised. If there is any question on the diagnosis, the slides can be checked by other pathologists for second or third opinions. You are lucky your surgeon noticed and biopsied the tissue he saw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread