It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
(female)

Schroeder71 HB User
Enlarged lymph nodes for 4 months

Hello all...I am new to this site and I would like some input on my situation so here goes....I am 41 years old and generally pretty healthy until about 4 months ago.

I first went to see my primary doctor in July for a terrible head ache that would not go away. She automatically scheduled me for a CT scan of my head and neck. The radiologist report came back and said i had 3 lymph nodes on the side of my neck and by my ear that were slightly enlarged. She then ordered an MRI. It showed basically the same thing and she said the reason for my headache was because of one of the lymph nodes pressing on the perodic gland.

My doc then referred me to an ENT doctor. He did a needle biopsy and it showed reactive lymph nodes. Nothing to worry about. About a week after this appointment, I noticed 2 bumps approximately 2.5 cm and swelling in the left side of my neck. I called the ENT doc and he referred me to a neurologist to see if the lymph nodes had any relation to my headache. I went to see the neurologist and he seemed very concerned so he ordered a spinal tap and the "million dollar" blood work up. The only thing that came back was that my ANA was possitive. Hmmmmm...he thought possibly Lupas.

The nuerologist set me up with a Rhuemotologist and they did more blood work and xrays of my hips and wrists (have pain in joints). Blood work came back and he is pretty sure I don't have Lupus. Thank goodness! Meanwhile, I am continuing to have a terrible constant headache and now a stiff neck. About 2 weeks later I had a headache that was so bad that I was sick from it. I went to see my primary doc again. She was feeling around and noticed that my lymph nodes were enlarged on the right side of my neck now. She set me up with a new ENT doc. I went to see him the following week and he set up surgery to remove one of the nodes for a biopsy. That came back as reactive lymph nodes.

I haven't had any colds or sickness at all. I am going on 4 months with a headache and now have swollen lymph nodes on both sides of neck, in front of my ears, under my jaw, by by collar bone, and in my right arm pit. I am extremely tired all the time, I do sweat alot, but not just at night, I have lost about 10 lbs and I have itchy skin for no apparent reason....just itches. My primary doctor called the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and they want the see me on October 29th. Hopefully, they can find out what is going on. Any input is welcome....I just want to feel better. Please let me know if anybody else can relate. I am praying that they tell me it's just something that will pass with time. God Bless

Last edited by Schroeder71; 10-19-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: change tag

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

Schroeder71 HB User
Re: Enlarged lymph nodes for 4 months

I need some help here...I now have a lump in my armpit the sze of a golf ball and a smaller one in my armpit that just showed up s couple days ago....not feeling well at all..Please help!

Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
(female)

Lady Rogue HB User

Hi! Well, it sounds like you'll get some answers at the Mayo clinic. Only a few more days and you'll be there. I've heard good things about them. I went to the Cancer Treatment Center of America in Philadelphia, and they are currently looking at my swollen nodes, fevers, sweats, severe itchiness, joint aches/pain along with shooting pains in my neck and severe fatigue. I had thyroid cancer and we thought I was having another recurrence, but they were able to clear me for that...so are now looking at other possibilities. Lymphoma was one that they mentioned and I am scheduled for an excisional biopsy in February...sooner if they grow more or more pop up. Let us know what you find out! I'm currently in limbo like you. Hang in there! Wish I had some answers for you...but it's hard to say with so many possible illnesses, viruses and bacterial infections that could cause a lot of the symptoms, too.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

Schroeder71 HB User

Thanks you for your response LadyRogue. I have been on rounds of anibiotics, so the docs are thinking it's not an infection. I will soon have some answers...I hope! Good luck on your diagnosis too. I'm pretty scared that it is cancer, but this forum has helped ease the panick! God Bless!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

Schroeder71 HB User
Red face Re: Enlarged lymph nodes for 4 months

Hello...it's me again. I have been to Mayo Clinic in Rochester twice now. The first diagnosis was Query Fever because my EgGQfever Toxin blood work came back positive. Q Fever is an airborn bacteria that you get from livestock (goats, cows, chickens). I do not live on a feed yard nor have I been exposed to livestock so this is a mystery. They put me on 14 days of doxycycline and I finished the antibiotic. Upon my return to the Mayo Clinic...they rechecked all of my blood work and the counts are getting better. They are now not sure if this is Q Fever because of the severe headaches and the lymphatic stuff going on. I now have a 3 inch lump under my arm that they did a needle biopsy on and it came back as "reactive" lymph nodes. My worry is that I keep getting more and more enlarged lymph nodes. I now have many enlarged lymph nodes throughout my chest, on both sides of my neck, above my collar bone and I also have one in my sternum that is causing chest pain that radiates straight through to my back (almost like a heart attack symptom). They did a complete ecocardiogram and stress test and both were fine....thank goodness. I return to Mayo on the 8th of February to repeat all of the CT scans and blood work. They are contemplating removing the one under my arm that has grown to 3 inches and also the one in my sternum that is causing me pain. Can anyone help me here? Is anyone else having the same symptoms? I do sweat a lot, but I wouldn't say it's just "night sweats" and I am very tired and wore out all of the time. I would really appreciate some input because this is really getting scary for me and very costly

Thanks so much....God Bless!
Tiffany

Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Schroeder71 - I just read your post. I hope this response finds you well and with answers. Kind regards.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #7
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Tiffany, how are you?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

Schroeder71 HB User

Hello Upatnight: I am now scheduled to go back to Mayo next week for a PET Scan and more blood work. I have had a fever of 99 to 102 for three weeks. Very bad headaches and more lumps under my arm. This will make my forth trip to Mayo. I pray everyday for some relief and answers. I hope all is well with you. God Bless - Schroeder71

Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Hang in there! Keep fighting and keep digging. HUGS!

Reply Reply