It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
(male)

Alex715 HB User
Question Swollen lymph node in groin, fever and lump/boil

Hello, everyone. This is my first post on HealthBoards.

I'm a 17 years old, normally healthy boy.

This Saturday I went to take a shower and realised that I had a semi-big boil on my penile shaft. I didn't think much and panicked a little. I squeezed the boil and a mix of a little puss and some blood was squeezed out. It seemed I hadn't gotten everything out, so I washed a normal needle thoroughly and tried to get the remaining yellow-white-ish substance out.

The next day (Sunday) one of my lymph nodes was swollen and aching when I touched it. I went to work for 8½ hours that day, and returned with a dizzy and fever-like feeling. I felt weak in my neck muscles, my eyes were slightly sensitive to light and my whole body felt cold except my head. It was rather hot. I looked at my boil/pimple (sorry, the many english terms for these things confuse me) and it seemed to have a slightly white-ish coverage (not much though).

The night sleep I had from Sunday to today (Monday) was filled with fever dreams, almost no sleep and fever-like symptoms. I am confident I had fever.
I woke up and didn't feel too well along with a semi-strong headache. I took the day off from school, went back to sleep and slept from 7:15 AM till 12:15 PM without waking up and without fever dreams or any other interruptions. It was really good sleep. I don't have a headache anymore and I don't feel like I have fever anymore and feel well altogether.

I think the swollen lymph node in the groin area and the fever was a reaction to a possible infection in the boil. At least that is what I am hoping, because I read on a few websites that these are also symptoms of testicular cancer. My family has no history of testicular cancer and I am rather young myself, so it would shock me if I had testicular cancer og lymphoma.

My current situation is that my lymph node is still swollen (I believe it's less than before and it's much less painful) and my boil is no longer swollen and it seems to be healing nicely. At this rate, I think it should have healed completely before Thursday or Friday.

The next appointment that is available at the doctor is in 10 days time. Should I make an appointment or wait it out? I feel good again, but my lymph node is still swollen and my boil is healing.

I haven't told anyone about it.

What is your take on this entire situation?

Thank you

Last edited by Alex715; 10-22-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added additional information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
(male)

Aaron122 HB User
Re: Swollen lymph node in groin, fever and lump/boil

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms. What was the outcome? Did you eventually go to the doctor?

I'm planning on going to the doctor tomorrow anyways just to be sure and perhaps get some medicine to speed up the process.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
boil, fever, groin, infection, swollen lymph node