It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

Lady Rogue HB User
Question Lymphoma questions!

Hello, Everyone. I have some questions concerning lymphoma. First, a little background: I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer in May 2011, surgery went great in June 2011, but had a recurrence in October 2011...and now though the doctors thought I was having another recurrence, it was declared that my thyroid cancer is gone. Yay!

Unfortunately, I have some suspicious lymph nodes along my right collar bone that have been there for a few months. The one has grown even larger over the last few weeks. The ENT found a couple of others along my collar bone that I didn't know about. Nothing lit up on my PET scan, but the doctor could see several enlarged nodes in my neck and of course, on my right collar bone. She tried to do a needle biopsy, but couldn't obtain enough material with 4 passes on 2 of the collar bone nodes. So, now I have a follow up appointment in February to do an excisional biopsy of the nodes...sooner if they grow more. I've had fevers, night sweats, severe fatigue, joint pain in all of my joints (even my elbows!) as well as pain that shoots up my neck and down my shoulder/arm and crazy itching all over. The nodes on my collar bone are mobile, but painless and rubbery like. Also, just found a pea-sized node on my left collar bone that wasn't there before. I'm really getting worried.

Here are my lab results for my wbc's:

Eosinophil H 1% [0%]

Monocyte L 3% [4-8%]

Lymphocyte H 44% [21-33%]

Neutrophil L 55% [58-66%]

The other blood counts are in the "Normal" range, though they are either on the low side of normal, or the high side...nothing in the middle. They tested me for EBV, and while the bloodwork does show that I had had Mono years ago, it does not show anything active at this point. Any ideas? We know there isn't any other infection going on (been on the antibiotic merry-go-round plus steroids). And I haven't been sick with a cold/flu. Anyone know what could be causing all of the symptoms?

So, now that I've already battled one cancer, I may be battling another. Hopefully, it isn't and they figure out what's going on. But, if it does turn out to be lymphoma, they think it is the slow progression type. I would like to know what type of things I can expect if it does turn out to be lymphoma. What was/is your experience? Thank you so much for any/all replies as I feel alone in this right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
(female)

Lady Rogue HB User
Unhappy Re: Lymphoma questions!

Hi! I'm a 38 yr old woman, dx'd with papillary thyroid cancer 6/2011, total thyroidectomy followed by I-131 ablation in 10/2011. Clear PET 11/2011. In September, I noticed a small, pea sized lump on my right collarbone. It's movable and rubbery. In a month, it grew to about 1.5-2.0 centimeters. I've been experiencing low grade fevers in the late afternoon, followed by night sweats (not always drenching, but sometimes), feeling like I have to flu without being sick, fatigue, odd chest pain that comes and goes, as well as general itchiness all over. Had a CT scan of head/neck (negative), PET scan (negative), blood work (high lymphocytes/Eosinophils; low monocytes/neutrophils) otherwise pretty normal. Head/neck MRI (positive for sub-centimeter nodes in neck). I have a chest xray with contrast tomorrow and seeing a pulmonologist next Monday. Now, my right collar bone area is puffy. Along with the large lump, there are 2-3 more lumps...however, they are painless, movable and rubbery-ish. With everything going on, could this be Lymphoma? I'll find out if either the ENT or the Pumonologist are going to preform an excisional biopsy sometime next week. But, I have no idea when. Any thoughts? We've ruled out infectious diseases and viral/bacterial infections. And I do understand that 97% of people who come here end up without Lymphoma...but I'm at the point that I am afraid it is Lymphoma with everything else ruled out. I would really love it if someone out there could at least share their knowledge with me.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Lymphoma questions!

I am sorry you are going through all this anxiety, especially having already battled one cancer. Obviously only time and tests will show if you have lymphoma, but if you have and if it is the slow growing type, then be encouraged! They say that indolent follicular lymphoma is incurable but certainly treatable. Mine has been in remission for over six years now. I feel perfectly well, apart from occasional aches and pains that go along with age! There are several treatment options for lymphoma and the list is growing. I hope you get answers soon as the waiting and wondering are the worst.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nassau one For This Useful Post:
Lady Rogue (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

Lady Rogue HB User
Re: Lymphoma questions!

Thank you for your kind reply! I have an excisional biopsy scheduled for Dec. 6, 2012. The weird thing is that the chest CT scan and X-ray didn't show anything. However, the pulmonologist could feel the lumps along my right collarbone. We are really hoping that the lumps are lipomas. At least that way, we can rule out cancer. So, here's praying for good news next Thursday!!

Closed Thread

Tags
lymphoma