It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

bballmomx4 HB User
Question Enlarged lymph nodes in neck

Hello. My 18 year old son came to me a week ago to show me an enlarged lymph node on his neck, directly under his chin, above his adams apple, in the front, not the side. It was slightly smaller than a marble. He said it was sore but he had no other symptoms at all. He said he had noticed it a week earlier. A couple of days later the original node that he showed me was smaller, down to the size of a small pea, but there were two new enlarged nodes, both the size of peas. This made three enlarged lymph nodes. They are all still sore, and when he stretches his neck he says it feels sore in that area. I work in the medical field and unfortunately I think of the worst it could be, which is lymphoma or leukemia. He still has no other symptoms, no other enlarged nodes anywhere else. I think he's had them a total of 2 weeks now. The only thing I can think of is that he did have a bad acne break out right before he noticed the nodes. Some of the pimples were scabbed over and he admitted picking at them. Is there anything anyone can tell me to make me feel better?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
(female)

Upatnight HB User
Re: Enlarged lymph nodes in neck

After 4 months, how is your son? I wish him well. I have something similar and am curious. Many regards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply