It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

coffeeadict HB User
Enlarged hypervascular node

Hello - I'm hoping that someone can give me a bit of home here! I'm not sure this forum is the best place, but I've heard you guys are the best at lymph node issues.

I am a 34 year old mostly healthy female with autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashi's) since the age of 18.

In the month of August I went through a very severe stress when I was sent for a mammogram and ultrasound on my breast due to dense tissue. The tests indicated a benign fibroadenoma (3mm). At the same time, I notice swollen lymph node in my neck (back of my neck on the right side).

I went to the clinic where I had bloods tests for mono, CBV, as well as a complete blood panel. The doctor also sent me for an abdominal ultrasound after examining my spleen. The viral tests came back negative, and all the other tests came back normal (CBC, ultrasound, liver). I saw another clinic doctor who, after trying to dismiss me, sent me for an ultrasound of the lymph node which showed that it was hypervascular, and that I had other lymph nodes that were "normal, except for an increased number". The enlarged hypervascular lymph node is 5mm on the short axis, and the doctor estimated it was < 1cm overall.

I have since seen my primary care physician who sent me for a chest x-ray to rule out lymphoma. Everything was normal, no swollen nodes in my chest cavity. He was extremely hesitant to send me for a biopsy consult since everything has come back normal so far, except for the hypervascular node. I am also feeling fine (I am a runner and am still running 4 months on, no tiredness, itching, or weight loss). The lymph node does not seem to have grown in size, or shrunk for that matter. I can palpate the other nodes (neck, and supra clavicle on both sides), but they are about the size of peas, maybe a few that are a touch bigger.

Does anyone have a similar story, or any insight? I am trying to stay positive and optimistic, since my PCP things there is almost no chance that it is something sinister. But I'm upset that they don't know what's causing it.

Any helpi (advice or insight) would greatly be appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
(female)

anki377 HB User
Re: Enlarged hypervascular node

hi,nice to meet you!i hope it's nothing important! I think sonography cannot examine lymphnodes properly it just can examine lymph nodes' size and number! i think it's better for your to do FNA or do biosy to put your mind at rest! You might want to see an expert hematologist or oncologist and give her or him you complete history, he or she will order what is necessary!take care! Kind regards! Baran...

Last edited by mod85; 12-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Closed Thread