It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
(male)

Dennis1417 HB User
Exclamation Lump below collar bone. Size of Skittle. Pic's included.

Hi, I am 27 years old and about 3-4 months ago I discovered a skittle (With ruler, its right at 1cm) sized lump in my infraclavicular area on my left side. It 'sits' in what I call the triangle pocket area below my left clavicle, just next to my shoulder, where the top of my pectoral stops. When I first discovered this lump, I asked two different nurses I know (One with 25+ years exp.) what they thought, and both of them kinda laughed at me being worried over it. They both said it was either a cyst or lymph node and that because of the size and being able to move it, I shouldn't be worried. The bump is moveable, if you put a little pressure on it, it will slide up, OVER the collar bone and pretty much sit on top of the bone until you remove your finger, then it will retract back into the triangle 'pocket' area. In the past four months the lump HAS NOT enlarged at all. It is not exactly squishy, but it's not rock hard either, it feels rubbery to an extent.

I have been unemployed for the past 4 months and have no health insurance. I have have no symptoms besides this bump. I have no fever, night sweats, and have actually gained almost 10lbs in the past few months due to exercise. My life is obviously more important than $, but I don't want to go down an expensive path if I have nothing to worry about. If this lump had grown any in the past 4 months, I would be very concerned and would have gone to the doctor.

Here is a picture of the area it's at. I took a pen and made two markings of the size of the lump. It's hard to see exactly, but right where you can see the clavicle bone, there are two dark hash marks, that's the distance from one side to another, with a ruler its right at 1cm or a little less. Thanks for any help.

http://i.*****.com/40KoK.jpg

Last edited by Administrator; 12-24-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
(male)

leeboy32 HB User
Re: Lump below collar bone. Size of Skittle. Pic's included.

Hey, I have the exact same thing. I do not know how it grew, I am going to go check it out on monday at a dermatologist hopefully. Have you been to a doctor or anything to find out what it might be?

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
(male)

Dennis1417 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy32 View Post
Hey, I have the exact same thing. I do not know how it grew, I am going to go check it out on monday at a dermatologist hopefully. Have you been to a doctor or anything to find out what it might be?

Thanks.
I spoke with a doctor. He said it is a normal lymph node in a normal lymph node area. Because it is mobile like it is and not 'stony' hard, its fine. He said that if it became stony hard or got any larger (It's been the same size for like 5+ months now) then I should go get a biopsy or ultrasound. I told him that I considered it somewhat hard and he compared the texture of my lump to 'chicken-fat', how it isn't hard, but can't exactly be squished. He said that was ok and not to let it worry me. I was very scared when I discovered this and did way too much Google searching. Let me know what the doctor says, if your 'lump' is similar to mine, like you say it is, you are probably fine.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
(male)

leeboy32 HB User

Hey,

I couldn't handle the stress, so I went and got a CT scan of my chest to rule out anything. Everthing was clear. My bone rib is apparently just bigger on that side. I don't understand how or why? or I might have just noticed now/ or somehow it moved because of weights at the gym.

I honestly don't know. It still scares me, but it hasn't gotten any bigger since 4 months.

So I guess it's fine.

Reply Reply