It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

zeror1213 HB User
Question Swollen lymphnodes?

Hi,
I was wondering if you could help me figure out what to do....I have Multiple Sclerosis and about 4 months ago I founds a lump on my upper innner thigh area (grion). I never mess around with the medications that I am taking, so while I had a doctors appiontment already for something else, I just quick asked my doctor about it. He seemed more concerned then I did because he wanted to look at in. So he did and deteremind it was 1 cm in size was moveable and hard. He was not to concerned because it was moveable (why would that have to do with anything, as I am not a doctor I would like to know). Anyway, he told me he would keep an eye on it and he documented it. I recently found a pea size lump on my neck, while at the chiropractor I asked if it was a lymphnode and she said it was, it has now grow to a quater size. The one in my grion feels like it has spread to the lymphnode right next to it, either that or it's the odest shaped lymphnode I've ever seen. It;s about 2 cm now and it's only been a month. My question is should I go back to my primary and show him my neck and grion or am I worried about nothing and should just drop it? Has anyone had a simpilar thing happen??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Swollen lymphnodes?

You absolutely need to go back to your Dr to recheck the groin and the new node in your neck. Movable nodes are less likely to be malignant than matted together or fixed to the underlying tissue, but no node should be over 1 cm. Please pursue this, as it could be something serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

zeror1213 HB User
Re: Swollen lymphnodes?

Thank you for your advice. I just don't want to be one of those people that thinks every little thing is something. Do you know what a moveable Vs. a fixed node makes a difference?

Closed Thread