It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
(male)

shawnt HB User
Lump under chin not pain full

I have a lump just under my chin behind were the bone and two front teeth. I have several other lumps else were one next to my testicle and one on my hip and a bulging disc in my back. My doctor didnít know what to do about the bulging disc in my back. I was wondering if I should be worried about the lump in my chin. I almost feels like two lumps together. I have no fever no infections my last white count was fine.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Re: Lump under chin not pain full

How long have the lumps been there? If it's only been a couple weeks, or even a month or two I would expect the docs to just watch and wait for a bit. If they're still there after several months they should at least discuss a possible biopsy with you, even in the absence of fever, night swets and weight loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Any lump that is a lymph node over 1 cm in size that has been enlarged for 1 month or more is concerning, especially if there are nodes in other areas as well. First it needs to be established that they are nodes and not something else, like a swollen salivary gland under chin. I would see a hematologist/oncologist to check these out, even though you are feeling well otherwise. Early recognition and treatment is always best, no matter what it is.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
(male)

shawnt HB User

Thanks for the replys I now have a bloody nose. The lump is almost 3 cm getting larger. I just noticed it. But its probaly been there for about 1 month now.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Please see a Dr ASAP. The lump is big, and the bloody nose may be a sign of low platellets, which is probably related to the lump. You need to have a thorough checkup to diagnose this, now, not later! Hope it is benign, but must rule out a malignancy to be safe. Young people are particlularly prone to lymphomas, which can be curable many times if treated early.

Closed Thread