It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Time frame for biopsy results?

I'm scheduled for a biopsy of an axillary lymph node at the end of the month. Obviously I'm worried about the potential results, even though I know the odds strongly favor there being nothing of consequence.

It will be an excisional biopsy.

About how long afterwards should I expect to get the results?

FWIW, I have no "B symptoms" and only the one node that is palpable. It has been there for about 5 months. The node itself has always been totally painless, but the general area of the arm pit has been a dull ache for the last few weeks. Maybe its my imagination but it does seem to hurt a bit when I have a dram of whisky. Otherwise I've been totally healthy, and even escaped from the viruses that hit the rest of the family over the holidays.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Re: Time frame for biopsy results?

Well, even though nobody answered my question, here's what happened. Biopsy was on Jan 31. Doc (and his nurse) were out of the office the following Monday and Tuesday, so although pathology results were probably there sooner I just got them today Feb 6.

Results were benign. Which was not too surprising. Since he didn't get the right one! Wasn't even a lymph node apparently (nurse said what is was I forgot already). I thought he was working on the wrong spot, but by the time I realized that he'd already numbed me up and started cutting.

The Sunday after the surgery (so 3 days later) the tenderness and swelling/bruising had subsided enough that I could stand to check, and sure enough, about 3" away from where he'd cut the lymph node was still there, no different than before.

When I spoke to the nurse about the pathology results and told her about the mistake she a definit "Oh crap" tone in her voice. Doc is supposed to call tomorrow to talk about his screw up. I figure, as long a he gets it right the second time, is nice about it, and doesn't try to bill me for anything (including co-pay) I'll be nice about it all too and I won't raise the issue with their legal department.

Last edited by Sig45; 02-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
(male)

Sig45 HB User

So, it took a little while, but the doc finally got back to me. He was VERY apologetic and offered (without me having to ask) to redo the biopsy for free. I'm happy and will probably schedule it for this coming Monday.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
(male)

Sig45 HB User

Got the round 2 results today. So 4 days to get this set. Good news at least that the node just reactive, and totally benign.

Reply Reply