It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

kelzbth HB User
Please Help!!2 Inguinal lymph nodes

I am so frusterated and this has been eating at me. I hope someone can help me! I am one of those people who google symptoms and when I hear the worst I have it. I need to stop. I am 22 yrs old and 8 months pregnant I cant stress anymore!
About 2 years ago I had 2 lymph nodes on either side of my groin inflame quite large and they were very painful. Thankfully the pain and swelling subsided. I didn't think anything of it as I was 20 years old and I had no idea what lymph nodes were. The pain and swelling went down significantly to about 1 to 1.5 cm on each side. id say the size of my pinkie finger. They are soft and moveable. I brought it up to my doctor and she had no concern for them. When I asked her to check it out turns out I had a bladder infection but as i recall I believe I had it for quite some time as i remember having these symptoms for a while - strong urine smell. She only gave me 5 days of ammoxacillin and the nodes shrunk a little bit but 4 months later i can still feel them! She still does not seemed concerned about them. I have had no other symptoms. Does anything think this could be lymphoma i am so scared. I cant be stressing as I am 8 months pregnant. I am going to a new doctor on monday but does this sound concerning?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Re: Please Help!!2 Inguinal lymph nodes

Nodes that shrink with anti-biotics are not usually cancerous AFAIK. Most likely they are swelling due to that UTI. But you may want to ask about auto-immune disorders too at your next checkup.

Meantime, try to relax enjoy your last month of no baby. It is stressful enough dealing with a newborn and the schedule upheaval that entails (I should know - we're expecting #4 in about a month ourselves).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply