It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

somebody84 HB User
Enlarged lymph nodes?? Over 2 months..

Hello! I first wanted to say I'm not posting because I think I Have lymphoma, I am posting because I want to know if anyone has gone through this...and before someone can say ask a doctor I am. I'm making my appt a week from now when I can get off of work. I posted this in another board belonging to healthboards, but sadly no one wrote back.

For awhile now I've been searching for answers to my fatigue, my joint pain, and a list of other symptoms to no avail. It's very frustrating, so I am not new to the mystery medical issues. In fact, I almost put off going to the doctors regarding my growing lymph nodes because I am worried I'll just get brushed off, but I know I can't delay this.

I first noticed my lymph nodes over 2 months ago by accident. I was rubbing my neck when I found a small pea sized lump. I then found another. Over the course of two months those two small lymph nodes (lower neck) have grown. I have find them easily, and grab them with my fingers. They feel hard, and maybe rubbery. I found 3 more towards the middle back of my neck that are close together. The only other new symptoms that have showed up with these lymph nodes is increased fatigue (worse than before) waking up frequently/feeling over heated. There are times I feel so hot I have to undress, or crank up the air. I also get really itchy (not all the time) but when I do I tend to scratch so hard that I break skin and it bleeds underneath. (skin turns red like a bruise) has anybody else gone through something similar to this? I'm completely baffled and am hoping my doctor just doesn't brush this off. <--- I have always liked my doctor but at my last visit he kind of brushed me off and it just make me iffy to go back. So, hopefully I won't have that experience again. Thank you.

Just looking for someone to talk to, or listen. Again, thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Re: Enlarged lymph nodes?? Over 2 months..

At only 2 months since you first noticed the swollen nodes I'd expect that they will either identify some infection that is probably causing it, or take a wait and see appoach. If the latter, honestly I would take that advice and give it another 2-4 months. If the shrink back down the odds of cancer are very close to zero. If the stay the same or get bigger, and there are no plausible infections causing the swelling then you might want to push for a biopsy.

Fair warning. I just had a biopsy done on an axillary node. In fact they did it twice as the doc missed the lymph node he was after and just got a lipoma (benign fatty tissue). It is a rather unpleasant experience. Quite painful for 2-3 days afterwards. I do not recommend the experience if you can avoid it.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

somebody84 HB User

I just wanted to let you know I still have my swollen, painless lymph node in my left neck. I went to the doctor and we will be scheduling a ct scan. Just a update.

Last edited by mod85; 05-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
(female)

Hypochondriac2 HB User

Hi there. I was wondering how your CT scan went. I too have a pea size lymph node lower left neck. I will be seeing my Dr. Tomorrow. I have been so worried.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
(female)

somebody84 HB User
Update: had a CT scan done which came back "normal." Doctor referred me to a ent. The ent put me on predisone and a strong antibiotic to see if it would help, despite the fact that I have already been on 2 rounds of antibiotic. The doctor did a fine needle biopsy and the results came back today as "inconclusive." So, now I wait for the follow up appt at the end of the month for the next step.

Reply Reply