It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
(male)

rbrown81 HB User
enlarged thymus and spleen

Hi,
Can anybody share their experience with this? I am male, 31, good health but stressed. For as long as I can remember I've had the feeling of a lump low in my throat which I always attributed to stress and long-term acid reflux. Last april, I had a single incidence of accute initial hematuria (blood in urine) and my right testicle has been swollen and painful. I went to get checked out, they said no sign of UTI but put me on ciprofloxacin for a couple weeks, shoved a camera in my bladder - no problems there. They did an ultrasound in june and found nothing wrong with the testicle or kidneys but noticed an enlarged spleen (16cm). Since then they have done two CT scans with contrast injections, bone marrow aspiration from the hip in october, and countless blood tests. They say that bone marrow and blood tests are all completely normal, ruled out diabetes, Eppstein-Barr antibodies are present but I haven't had symptoms of mono for at least a decade, now they are going to schedule another CT scan because my thymus was enlarged in september and they've just noticed it. Symptoms are; always tired, easily fatigued, easy bleeding, slow healing, pain in back and side from spleen often radiating to left arm/shoulder, feeling of lump in throat (no real coughing), low heat tolerance, constant thirst and dry mouth, bad neck pain/headaches in left side, left mouth/jaw numbness (TMJ? I clench my jaw alot due to stress and some dental problems). Never get fevers, chills or night sweats, no unexplained weight loss or gain, appetite is fine, my only 'B symptom' is maybe itchiness. I attribute most of my symptoms to stress/moderately poor diet/drinking alcohol/mild chronic dehydration, but the radiating pain from spleen area is unmistakable and the enlarged spleen and thymus are real. Has anybody had similar? Dr. Google has me thinking it could be myasthenia gravis, but the only cases of having both enlarged thymus and enlarged spleen seem to be lymphomas, of which I understand non-Hodgkins lymphoma start most commonly in the chest area - thymus or lymph nodes - rather than starting in the bone marrow. This waiting for the next CT scan is killing me - healthcare takes forever in Sweden - so I really appreciate anybody sharing their similar experiences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
(male)

needlotsoffixes HB User
Re: enlarged thymus and spleen

Did they find anything?

Reply Reply

Tags
enlarged, lymphoma, myasthenia gravis, spleen, thymus