It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

sjs40 HB User
Question Painful Nodes. Need Insight.

Hello. I could use some advice and peace of mind.

Let me start by saying that 4 years ago I had Epstein Barr. I also have developed food allergies which stirs up my nerves, fibromyalgia. Last Sept I had a check up a full blood panel. All was normal except my iron was extremely low and vita D, which explains my lack of energy last year. I've been on a natural supplement which is slowly bringing up the iron stores and my energy was coming back.
So here we are, a few months later and now I am on antibiotics for 2 weeks with 5 more days to go on the second round. It all started when the right side of my neck was sore and the center, where my doctor found a small painful lump. 10 days later I went back because the pain shifted to the left and I felt like my neck was tight. The hard lump was gone. He put me on a stronger med. I thought for the past 3 days progress was being made, but now my neck is tight again and sore to touch on both sides above the collar bone.
Let me also add that I have been very fatigued, never had a fever, though I thought I was going to get one because 3 nights ago a had the extreme chills and took 2 hours of being buried under blankets to warm up and fall asleep. My doctor said if this doesn't help, then I should go to an ENT and have a camera down my throat.
Somehow I don't think it should be the neck step.

If any of you could give insight, I would appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
(female)

naenae80 HB User
My ENT is the one dealing with my swollen lymph node so it probably maybe is the next step

Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
(female)

sjs40 HB User
Re: Painful Nodes. Need Insight.

Thank you for your reply. My lymph node problem was the precursor to having the Epstein Barr virus, which I have had before. All tests are normal now. Just trying to regain my energy and strength.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Poor baby. Good luck.

Reply Reply