It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
(male)

Tanker2360 HB User
Question Rather Worried now

i noticed i had 2 swollen glands in my neck ( below jaw line ) they were both directly opposite each other, Painless and hard I went to doctors and he told me not to worry about it and gave me anti biotics and i went about my life

2 days later i noticed 3 small glands up on the left side of my groin again painless and hard but small i also started getting pains in my lower stomach which i went to A&E for and the admitted me to a ward, there i got a chest and abdominal Xray which both came back clear, they put it down to lymphadenopathy due to unknown viral and sent me on my way. after a few days i went back ( mostly because of pure fear and anxiety ) and they preformed an ultrasound on Liver, Spleen kidneys e.t.c this also came back clear

The nodes are still up and still hard not getting any bigger but not getting any smaller either. I'm sick of being told it's nothing when it's obviously SOMETHING

All i keep getting in google in Lymphoma this and Lymphoma that i am freaking out! literally losing my hair over it!

Symptoms:

-Painless glands in throat / groin

-Very occasional night sweats ( not every night but twice a week maybe and not drenching )

- Lower back pain

that's all so far that i have noticed also been tired a lot recently but i've always been a lazy sleepy person

Any info would be great and i am more then happy to answer any questions

Thanks in advance, Phill

P.S also on a wait and see approach need to follow up with my family doctor in a week and keep an eye on the nodes

Last edited by Tanker2360; 03-02-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
(male)

Tanker2360 HB User
Re: Rather Worried now

Lots of views no replies :-( just been sent home from work felt like I was going to pass out :-( something bubbling in my left side :/ just some advice would be nice

Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

littlebutloud HB User

Maybe you should ask for an ultrasound or CT Scan of the nodes and see if they are bigger than considered "normal". My husband noticed a enlarged lymphnode about the same place as yours on one side that came up around Thanksgiving and had not gone away for a few weeks (he has always noted this node since college that it would swell up when he was sick and take awhile to go down). He had NO other B symptoms. went to doc and he got an ultrasound on 12/17, CTscan 12/31, biospy around 1/14, surgery to remove 1/24 diagnosed 1/28 and started chemo 2/15 for Follicular lymphoma. Good news was that he caught it fast. Good luck to you.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

Gloworm81 HB User

You should go to the doctor and request a biopsy. I had this happen to me as well. The doctor kept giving me antibotics, did an ultrasound and saw all of the swollen lymph nodes and did nothing about it. I got out of the military, saw a civilian doctor, had ultrasounds, ct scan and biopsy done and it came back as Follicular Lymphoma.

Last edited by Gloworm81; 03-18-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Reply Reply