It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

bethsheb HB User
CHOP Chemo Help and experiences

Hi, this is my first time on here but then again this is my first time experiencing any type of cancer, which my husband was diagnosed with. He underwent about 20 radiation treatments and just had his first CHOP Chemo over a week ago. I have never seen him so sick and sleeping all the time. If he eats anything I feel like the day is a success. I realize all the symptoms are normal i.e., stomach pains, tired, food never taste good, nausea, bones ache, etc. He has meds which he is taking. With this chemo he is scheduled every 3 weeks. He had lymphoma in his back but from the last Pet scan it is all gone in his back. Due to a few spots that were found the drs. agree that the CHOP chemo will wipe it out. Can anyone tell me if they have had the CHOP chemo and if so how long did it take to feel like themselves again. This is all very new to me and I worry about the weight loss and as he has already lost 10 lbs. Even though he is not eating too much solid food he is drinking Ensure and Ginger Ale to try and keep hydrated. He too, is very clueless about all this and though the radiation was really bad but now that he has had one session of chemo is worried about getting the next treatment in about two weeks. How does one go from one treatment to another feeling horrible to begin with or does it get better as the treatments go on. Anyone who can offer me some advice I would be greatful. The good thing is he kept active most of his life with exercise, etc. so his heart checked out great before he was administered the chemo. I hope to hear from someone in the near future. Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

Beehappee HB User
Re: CHOP Chemo Help and experiences

My Dad was had a biopsy last Thursday bec his lymph nodes were enlarged. He hasn't slept well for 2 months because of extreme pain in his chest, near his shoulder. He sleeps in a recliner. The test and PET scan said lymphoma. He has his first Rchop last Monday, April 1. He has lost 15 lbs in past 2 months. He was very, very tired since then too. Already, he is sleeping in bed again, and, although still fatigued, he is so much better because the pain is gone. He has very little appetite. They are doing echo cardiogram today to check is heart. He has 5 more sessions of chemo, about 3 weeks apart left to do. He did not have radiation as your husband. Dad does have tumors in his chest that could not be biopsied. The believe the Rchop will take care of them. They told Dad this type of cancer is very treatable and to expect 15 more years of life. He's 85 !! So, hold on to hope for your hubby! Let me know how he is doing and we can compare notes.

Reply Reply