It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Unhappy node biopsy results HELP!! GRRR

hi, I had an FNA

Microscopic Description:
Aspirations from the first two passes yielded very little material. All three passes show a mildly heterogeneous population of lymphocytes. There are predominantly small mature lymphocytes with a few scattered larger cells including a rare tingible body macrophage. No granulomas or epithelial cells are seen.

results; Low cellular yield showing mildly-heterogeneous lymphoid population.

Comment: Clinical follow-up of the lymph nodes is recommended, and excisional biopsy may be necessary for definitive diagonsis if the lymph node does not resolve.

can anyone better explain this to me? Why do I have TBM's? Is this basically saying they didn't have enough to make a determination? I just want to feel better already! ! ! ! !

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

Upatnight HB User
Re: node biopsy results HELP!! GRRR

What ever came of this? How are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
(female)

naenae80 HB User

Hi. I'm now waiting to schedule an excisional biopsy of the lump in my lymph node. My neck is constantly in pain now. It honestly feels like my lymph nodes are shooting pains all around my neck. But the nodule is painless and growing. I'm currently freaking out. LoL. ;-(

Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Me too. Hugs! My biopsy is Thurs and out of the blue about 5 days ago, I began to itch all over. Good Luck!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
(female)

naenae80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnight View Post
Me too. Hugs! My biopsy is Thurs and out of the blue about 5 days ago, I began to itch all over. Good Luck!!!
Good luck missy!! You have the pain too? Like itching all over your neck? I have itching on neck and chest. But not like whole body. I like to have someone to whine to that knows what it feels like. lol but please keep in touch. Tell me more!?

Last edited by moderator2; 04-28-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
(female)

Upatnight HB User

I itch all over. Fingers, feet, nose, inner ear. But a couple quick scratches does the trick. Neck included. I do not have the deep, scratch til bleed itch. My nodes are not sore. But my neck is achey. Occassional sudden instantaneous pain. I did ultrasound 1 early March. 1cm node found. Ultrasound 2 early April. Different node found 1.7cm. The 1cm node was not seen in April but clearly it is there because my ENT decided on clinical that it's growing and coming out Thurs. The 1.7cm node is growing by the week. It is obvious to me, so much so that I am calling Mon to better understand why he is going for the smaller node. 41 female. Feel great except for worry and itch. I first brought this to the attentionof my primary care doc 11 months ago as mildly working to swallow in this exact area, again 6 months ago as area looks and feels thicker than same area on other side of neck. I feel like these nides have been growing for a year. And then in 2013 I find oe more on the surface and finally some action. Never did Lymph nodes or anything serious occur to me until I felt my first truly defined palpable node like a pea. The other is kidney like. Others marbles. All feel like myshy rubbery nodes that slingshot back into place if i move them. All left side neck. Have been checked for infection by CBC, oral surgeon, ENT. No such luck. So a biopsy it is. It has been too many months getting here.
Thinking of and praying for you. Best wishes. Keep updating.

Last edited by Upatnight; 04-28-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: accidental submit before finish

Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Yah I've been a mess for a while. Mine started as brely two fingers wide now I'm certain it's almost at 4. It started with me asking for blood work because I was feeling so awful. Long story short. Ultrasound led to CT then fna biopsy but couldn't get a good sample because its near my main artery and if they miss they could hit that. So he's cutting it out. My neck has been sore for a few months now turning to painful. It hurts more if I try to have alcohol. It's really uncomfortable all day long. The nodule needs to come out because now I'm getting more and more scared and I can't take it. LoL sucks so bad.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Good luck!!!! : )

Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
(female)

Upatnight HB User

One last think tonight. What does your itch feel like?

Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Quote:
When it comes its like sudden and intense and I can itch it away.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #11
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Quote:
It's intense but mostly neck upper chest and back and Inside elbows. It's instants but goes away with scratching it. I was recently In the past it hung inside my arms and it would cause a bruise

Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
(female)

naenae80 HB User
How are you feeling? I wish my test was in a few days.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #13
(female)

Upatnight HB User

Same. Super scared. Biopsy Thurs. Is yours scheduled yet?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
(female)

naenae80 HB User
They called me last night the auth came in scheduling to today. Finally!!! I'm so excited!! Be excited answers are on your way

Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Naenae,
There is nothing in this biopsy to suggest malignancy, but the specimen was inadequate for enough material, as you know. The TBM's are rare and they are normal lymphocytic WBC that have antibody-antigen (immune)complexes in them. They are present in reactions that include allergies, infections, and autoimmune problems. The excisional biopsy will be more informative. Were you ever tested for mono when you first got sick with a sore throat in Jan? Do you have a CBC report from that time period or shortly after? Were there reactive or atypical lymphocytes on that report? Unfortunately, this isn't enough to go by. When is your biopsy scheduled? Any ultrasound results yet?

Reply Reply